What are the foods that have surprised you?

Amanda2008

What has been some food you discovered you haven't been able to eat? Or food you thought would be difficult but wasn't?

For me the main one shocker is hard boiled eggs! I have to chop them up and still I can barely eat any.

Broccoli also surprised me as something that sticks.

But I was very surprised to find I could eat a piece of pizza with no problem.

I consider this a GOOD problem. Cake and ice cream do not work together. I tried it at my 6-year old neice's b'day party and had to PB in the bathroom! So, learning the hard way yet again, I will not be eating ice cream and cake together....see the band is our friend!

I have been able to eat everything, which is probably not been a good thing. But I have found it surprising that I am not more full with solid foods than I am with drinking large volumes of liquid. I can get a fuller feeling from a glass of water than I can with a protein bar.

I have had breakfast sausage and ham get stuck, and salmon got stuck twice on different weeks. I may not be able to eat it but I love it. When things get stuck I know that I am either eating too fast, too much, or not chewing enough. I never realized that I eat so fast, especially at work when I am in a hurry! I gotta slow it down some more. I have not had my first fill yet and I am so afraid to have one now. I hate it when things get stuck! It hurts so bad! :wacko: However, that is the whole purpose of the band... to get fills.

Had 2 fills and the only thing I cannot do is bread. I can still do tortillias and really crispy thin crust pizza though. Definitely can't eat as much, but cannot wait until my next fill b/c I still can eat way too much.

What has been some food you discovered you haven't been able to eat? Or food you thought would be difficult but wasn't?

For me the main one shocker is hard boiled eggs! I have to chop them up and still I can barely eat any.

Broccoli also surprised me as something that sticks.

But I was very surprised to find I could eat a piece of pizza with no problem.

Hey Amanda,

Ok, well I guess I got my wish. Second fill was last Friday and I think my band has tightened throughout the week. I have gotten very moist chicken, scrambled eggs stuck and am having a big problem with meat. I guess I am pretty tight right now. I have not clue what to eat now...lol. Always have been some kind of meat eater....ANY SUGGESGTIONS?

I haven't even had a fill yet, (not until Feb. 11th) and I have found out the hard way that ground elk or beef and salmon do not go down well, or may I say they do not go down. I am beginning to wonder what it will be like after my first fill.

Eggs but that is probably in the most part because I eat them in the morning when I am extreeeeeemely tight! So no eggs for me!!

After you've gotten food stuck, did you find that whenever you ate afterward, you got a stomach ache? I've had a sore stomach for several days whenever I eat or drink anything. Anyone else???

No, I don't get a stomach ache, but I am so scared it will happen again that I usually go back to jello, or pudding, or something I know will not hurt again! Liquids for life if it keeps happening! :D