8 weeks post-surgery

Has it really been 8 weeks and one day since I've been banded? Strange how time flies. In some ways, it feels longer, in other ways shorter.

I feel pretty much back to normal. I can sleep on my stomach again (yay!) and although I do feel the port sometimes, it just takes a minor adjustment in my position, and I'm fine. All of the issues I had in the beginning - the gas pains, having trouble bending over and touching my left foot, the backaches - are either gone completely or very minor. My advice to the newly-banded is, whatever you are struggling with right now (i.e. gas, pain, constipation, etc.), know it will pass. Try not to let it frighten you, post on here and receive the support the wonderful people on here give. It does get better, and you will have made some friends along the way.

I've lost about 15lbs post op, which I'm happy with. I could have lost more if I hadn't indulged over Xmas holidays and for a couple of weeks after. I'm now down to where I was before I gained the extra holiday pounds, which is what's on my ticker. In a way, I kind of lost a month of potential weight loss. But the first fill has given me a boost of motivation to get back on track. Hopefully I'll be able to find that sweet spot and start shedding those lbs.

I'm thinking about joining a gym again. I haven't exercised as much as I should have, mainly because my body was healing and I was in a kind of self-protection mode, afraid to hurt myself or do anything that could cause a problem. But once I get that going, that will surely help with the weight loss even more. I just have to get onto the program and stick to it consistently.

The negatives are that I'm still battling the head hunger, and to a degree, the body hunger as well. Those cravings, particularly in the evening, are really hard to deal with sometimes, and it takes all of my willpower (more than bandpower, unfortunately) to keep those under some level of control. Meaning, that I can keep my calorie count to a small amount below the daily requirement (somewhere in the 1500-1800 range), but not at the level I would like (around 1200 a day). There are so many times that I pass by a coffee shop or a bakery or some place that has foods I like and I wish I could just give into the craving and gorge myself to my heart's content. I actually miss that.

But my desire to lose weight is stronger. I try to remind myself of that. It's a daily - an hourly - battle, but it is much easier with the band. I'm so glad I did this for myself, and I look forward to more success, not just in terms of weight loss, but in terms of my personal growth.

Thanks for this update--you seem to be doing very well. ><'

Yes, head hunger is one of the hardest things to deal with, but you are an example of someone who really has the power to control themselves.

Good work!!

--TRS

That is so sweet of you! And very much what I needed to hear this morning. I often feel like I am not winning the battle against the hunger and have been down on myself lately. My post was as much to give myself a pep talk because I'm actually in a bit of a discouraged space.

So thank you for that! What a wonderful board this is! And WOW, looking at your weight loss, that's such an inspiration. You've lost the amount that I need to lose.

-vangirl

Hey Vangirl, you are doing great and you will succeed! Are in vancouver WA. or Vancouver canada or does van have nothing to do with location. LOL

if your in vancouver bc where did you find a local dr. for your fill? I am in Point Roberts.

Oh did you know trs893 is only 15.. she is a great inspiration to all and has done so well..

Keep up the good work.

Linda,

Dr. Ric Arsenau does fills for anyone (doesn't matter where you a e banded) at St. Pauls hospital in Vancouver. It costs less than Northwest Fills (especially with your American dollar!!!)but he is pretty new to this. I believe he was trained by the guys at NWWLS in Everett. I may go to him down the road. I didn't know anybody who had seen him so I chose to go to Washington cause I've heard good things from others that go there...it's an excus eto shop ta the outlets too!!!

Sabrina:)

Hey Vangirl, you are doing great and you will succeed! Are in vancouver WA. or Vancouver canada or does van have nothing to do with location. LOL

if your in vancouver bc where did you find a local dr. for your fill? I am in Point Roberts.

Oh did you know trs893 is only 15.. she is a great inspiration to all and has done so well..

Keep up the good work.

Wow, trs893 is only 15? I'm so impressed! I'm in Vancouver Canada and I went to Dr. Arseneau at St. Paul's for my fill. Much cheaper and convenient than than the other options I considered, including going back to the OCC, but he does not do it under fluoro. If I want any adjustments within a two week period, he'll do that for free (it's included in the price). I'm actually going back to him next week because I'm just able to eat too much and working too hard to keep it under control. My willpower is starting to wear thin and I'm getting frustrated, not a good sign!