Question for Lisa and Pammie

Hi Lisa and/or Pammie,

Did you do your TT and breast aug surgeries at the same time? What was your recovery like? I may have to go to Cosmed alone so I am scared. How many nights would you say I won't be ready to travel home?????????

Thanks!

Karen

I GOT THEM A YEAR APART. DR NYTE DOESN'T LIKE TO DO TOO MUCH AT ONE TIME. THE TT WAS A HARDER RECOVERY THEN THE IMPLANTS. WITH THE TT I WAS SORE FOR THE FIRST WEEK THEN STARTED DRIVING THE SECOND WEEK. WITH THE IMPLANTS I WAS ALL OVER THE NEIGHBORHOOD WITHIN HOURS CHATTIN LOL MY SISSY HAD A TT AND LIPO A WEEK AGO THURSDAY AND SHE'LL GO BACK TO WORK THIS THURSDAY. FOR A TT I'D STAY DOWN THERE FOR 5 SINCE YOU LIVE IN CA AND FAIRLY CLOSE.

I'M LOOKING AT A LIFT THIS SUMMER WITH DR NYTE AS THINGS ARE ALREADY MOVING SOUTH AS HE SAID THEY WOULD :rolleyes:

Agree, Dr. Nyte doesn't like to do too much together and says no to some of my requests….. (Like doing a lift and inserts at the same time). He also likes you off work and off your feet for 10 days, and he doesn't like you to travel in a plane for 30 days. (But remember each doctor is different and has different guidelines, some others in WA do multiples and will allow you to travel sooner).

I have what Dr. Nyte calls an extended tummy tuck, which means the scar doesn't touch but goes all around my back and its 2 inches apart, (pretty much like Dolittles). And I was pretty good by 10 days and back to work with a little discomfort, but doable. (The first 3 to 5 days with the drain was pretty darn painful) The breast lift was pretty easy compared to the tuck and the implants were a breeze for me.

Karen, what you’re going to need extra care with is lifting your little one when you come home – you won’t be able to do that for a while and its going to be hard for you! Make sure you have extra help on hand and take extra care!

Congrats on your decision!! You’re going to love it!

Lisa

(Pammie, I’m looking at scheduling my face for March or April with Dr. Nyte – I can’t wait)!!

Thanks all three of you for sharing! I am still pretty undecided. Lisa, he does want to do the extended TT on me. I don't know about that though, it seems like the scar would be on me forever, as my scars stay dark and lifted all over me. I am hoping to do either all of it or some when my husband is off for 2 weeks in April, so that will help. We'll see............ I am not going to decide for a week or so so that I can really think about it.

Thanks again!

Karen

Hi Karen, I had a regular tt I guess, hip to hip, Is the extended to lift your back side? I would get a second opinion, I also had a lift and implants done at the same time, I was hunched over for about 4 days with the tt tuck, the breasts did not hurt at all but mine were placed above the muscle.

As far as the scars go mine stayed dark but I think that was because no one told me to stay out of the sun and I was using tanning beds all the time back then. (8 years ago)

So I did the tattoo over it which I love.. but it took me 7 years to find someone that would tattoo over a scar.

I am glad I stayed close to home when I had it done, I really couldn't imagine flying home, even after a week.

Hi Karen, I had a regular tt I guess, hip to hip, Is the extended to lift your back side? I would get a second opinion, I also had a lift and implants done at the same time, I was hunched over for about 4 days with the tt tuck, the breasts did not hurt at all but mine were placed above the muscle.

As far as the scars go mine stayed dark but I think that was because no one told me to stay out of the sun and I was using tanning beds all the time back then. (8 years ago)

So I did the tattoo over it which I love.. but it took me 7 years to find someone that would tattoo over a scar.

I am glad I stayed close to home when I had it done, I really couldn't imagine flying home, even after a week.

Hey Linda, thanks for the info!

For all of you - do you have saline or silicone????????????? Any opinions on either?????

I did saline, under the muscle. Since I was going under the muscle and it wasn't going to be felt like it is if it sits on top, I was like - why bother paying extra for the silicone, (and silicone still makes me a bit nervous).

And the scars aren't great, I'm like you, my scars are dark and raised; but I'm doing cortisone shots on the bad spots and you can see improvement.

Also one note your scars are worse on your back. Since its not like you can’t sit and they get stretched. I really don’t like that so if you can go for a second opinion and see if you can just do a normal tummy tuck I would do that first.

And one note, I would much rather have the scars than the other, but if you can do with out the extended try. If the others recommend the extended for you as well, then you’re in the same boat that I was and you most likely need it or it could look bad to stop at the sides.

Good luck, and honestly if I could have done all of my surgeries at once I would have rather done it that way. You're in pain, you have to be in bed and not move might as well get it done at one time.

Also remember Pammie and I are older, so that does play a part.

I have silicone, that sits above the muscle, They are like gummy bears, Since they were above the muscle they never rode high or had to settle, those that felt them say they feel real.

I had mine done in Canada and silicone was just a tad bit more expensive, My surgeon called them the cadillac of boobs, and they came with a 20 year warrenty. However now they won't operate on americans any longer so I guess my warrenty is void <_<

My only regret is that I went to BIG.. I can't wear any button up shirts or blouses without gaps, I think they make my upper body look FAT.. They were suppose to be full c but are more like Large d's/dd's.

Eventually I want to get them smaller but It will cost more than what I originally paid to have them replaced. Plus my husband LOVES LOVES LOVES them.

Also remember Pammie and I are older, so that does play a part.

LOL LISA, I'M TRYING TO PROLONG THAT AS MUCH AS I CAN BEFORE I TURN 50 NEXT YEAR.

I WENT WITH SALINE OVER THE MUSCLE AS WITH MY BODY SHAPE I COULD'VE BEEN LOOKING AT A DOUBLE BOOB EFFECT. EVERY BODY TYPE IS DIFFERENT. DO ALL YOUR HOMEWORK LIKE YOU DID WHEN LOOKING AT THE BAND AND MAKE THE BEST POSSIBLE DECISION FOR YOU

JUST SOMETHING TO REMEMBER, WHEN GETTING A TT THEY'RE PULLING THE SKIN UP FROM THE BOTTOM AND DOWN FROM THE TOP AND WITH A BREAST LIFT THEY'RE PULLING THE SKIN/TISSUE UP AGAIN. IT ALMOST MAKES SENSE THAT SOME SURGEONS DON'T LIKE TO DO BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER

Thanks all!! Linda that is what I am scared of! Having too big of boobs.

I have started calling around Sac and it looks like doing all the work I want would be 5 or 6 k more here!! But I am going to keep calling around and do a consult with a couple people to see what they say..................