Discomfort

I'am 15 days since I was Banded and I read everything on here and I see everyone saying no pain feel great I feel great but I still have some discomfort when I bend and or sit to long does any one else have this or should I contact OCC Thanks for all the great help this forum has given me. but would like some feed back on this.

We’re all different and our bodies react in different manners. I’ve been on the board for a long time and many have an easy ride with the surgery, and many are uncomfortable and have pain and gas longer. It’s really an individual recovery process and 15 days is not much time at all, you had stitches inside you and it takes a while to heal, discomfort would be normal for some who are more focused on their bodies how things feel and those who heal slower.

If you’re having serious pain, make sure to follow up with the OCC for help.

Best,

Lisa

I'am 15 days since I was Banded and I read everything on here and I see everyone saying no pain feel great I feel great but I still have some discomfort when I bend and or sit to long does any one else have this or should I contact OCC Thanks for all the great help this forum has given me. but would like some feed back on this.

I hear your concern. I was banned on 12 11 and it took me 4weeks to feel better and that was at 75-80%. The discomfort is different for all of us and it took me much longer than most to feel even 85% where I am today. Bending not good and sitting for any length and sleeping on the port side is still sensitive and I cannot do that still.

I took ibuprofen 400 mg every day 2-3X until a week ago, now just once a day at night. Hope you feel much better soon.

It is a healing process and it does take time.

Labella

I was banded 1/2 and I felt discomfort for a very short time, however the gal that I went with who I stayed in touch with had alot of bruising and pain for almost 3 weeks, she is just starting to feel better. I think everyone's body reacts differently, I wouldn't be too concerned but would call and ask if it would put your mind at ease.

Even though I had heard about the shoulder gas pain ahead of time I still went to my doctor here in the US, he ended up doing all kinds of blood clot tests just to be safe and even though everything was all clear, I was still happy to know I was ok and it really was "just" gas. :D

I am 20 days post op, and have no pain and no discomfort, except if I sleep on the port side too long at night and try to roll over, I feel a little discomfort just when I roll over, but that's it. I sometimes forget that I have been banded, except for this hell that they call 21 post-op diet...lol.

Just know that it will get better. Up until a week ago, I could still feel twinges on the left side of my stomach, whether it be from the port or incisions, and when I bent over on my left side I could feel the discomfort of the port, but that is all gone now.

:)

I was one of those that was cursing (on the inside of course) those folks that had no pain and an easy ride. I had no complications, but it was a good month before I could say I was at around 80 percent or so.

Like everyone said, everyone is different so don't judge your healing, fills, or success on others. But if it is really painful of course get it checked. But if it is just discomfort then you are fine.