Thoughts?

I got my first fill a couple of weeks ago, and I'm leaning towards the fact that I still don't have restriction. I've been pretty sick the past week and I haven't felt very hungry. I did try to eat a few carrots yesterday morning and it felt like they got stuck... and, they came up. I'm feeling the stuck feeling with several things so I've been avoiding them since. However, I'm trying to weigh restriction verses stuck. Stuck = Pain. Restriction = Full. Right?

Kristy

True but too much restriction = stuck daily. Slow down, chew thoroughly and listen carefully to your body when it's telling you things are going through the band quickly and take a break. Some foods you may not be able to eat while you're trying to lose the weight but that should not be an extensive list. For me it's pretty much bread and pasta. You should still be able to eat enough to reach about 1200 calories per day. If dispute your best efforts you're still getting stuck daily you may need to evaluate if it's time for an unfill.

I got my first fill a couple of weeks ago, and I'm leaning towards the fact that I still don't have restriction. I've been pretty sick the past week and I haven't felt very hungry. I did try to eat a few carrots yesterday morning and it felt like they got stuck... and, they came up. I'm feeling the stuck feeling with several things so I've been avoiding them since. However, I'm trying to weigh restriction verses stuck. Stuck = Pain. Restriction = Full. Right?

Kristy

Wow Kristy, what great numbers you have! 40lbs lost, that must feel amazing!

Kristy

Hi Kristy,

Wow you are doing GREAT! For me my first fill I could eat anything and more than I though I should be eating. After my second fill was the first time that I have felt GOOD restriction. I eat my 3 oz of food and I have the restriction. The problem I am having is knowing ok, it is time to stop. It is hard to determine when I am "full" before I get stuck. The feeling that I get is almost like I am vey close to getting food stuck. I have gotten food stuck twice and OH MY! It is HORRIABLE! Yes getting Stuck = PAIN. ok..I feel like I am talking in circles..I hope this did not confuse you!

Good Luck and Keep up the good Work!

Carrie

Kristy

Congratulations on your weight loss, Kristy. Way to go!!

I had my first fill 10 days ago, and I cannot tell what is restriction and what is something I didn't chew carefully enough -- I hate that awful pain. I still haven't felt full yet. Trial and error, I guess.

Congrats, Sue

Kristy

Kristy, you are right. Although for some, carrots are very hard to digest, especially raw carrots. Just remember to do your portion control (to prevent over eating and getting 'too' full) and eat small bites, chewing real good, and take the time to eat. Worst thing to do is be in a hurry to eat, taking a big bite and swallow and then BAM! ~ food is stuck, which could start sudden growth of tightness and pain to follow and lastly to PB/slime.

One of the things that helped me is to make sure I drink up until 10 minutes before I eat and then it is not so hard for me to eat because the mental part of me is that I haven't put anything (food or liquid) IN my mouth for a long period of time and my body is craving a fast relief.

After awhile, you will know what foods you can eat in toleration, how long it takes to eat it, the texture, etc. Also, take in stride that when you are sick, you may not really want to jump into solid foods right away and may want to progress from softer foods to harder foods to digest properly. You will eat carrots again, just not agreeing with you being sick.

Hope this helps...

Thanks everyone! I know that I don't need an unfill... so I'm hoping my second fill in a couple of weeks shows me what restriction feels like. Definitely using more willpower right now... and, that's not a bad thing! I just wish Dr. Ortiz would have told me no chocolate for six months --- it has been easy for me to give up the diet Pepsi!

Kristy