This is Weird

I had my second fill Jan. 5 and everything was going along well. This week, tho, I'm having a helluva time swallowing. Three weeks after the fill! The fill gave me restriction and I loved it. All of a sudden, I cannot swallow any solid food and just enough liquid. I chew everything like crazy. What's the deal? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am not a medical adviser, but if you are concern, contact the doc or nutritionist for assistance.

Fills reacts differently for each person. Also, it takes time for the fill to 'settle' too. For me, after my 2nd fill in Dec, I waited a week after receiving the fill to feel restriction and I am still on the same restriction. I just so happen to be on my 'sweet sport' and got my fill at OCC.

There are a number of reason why you may feel tight:

~ band is too tight (may need a small unfill)

~ you are stressed out

~ it's the TOM

~ band slippage (which I don't think you have)

~ any food remaining around your band area and you are 'stacking' your food on top of it

...and so on

For me, when I feel like that, I go on full liquids (creamy soup stage) for a few days and then go to softer foods and then progress to harder foods. If I felt I still couldn't eat solid foods, then I call Dr. M for assistance.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I had my second fill Jan. 5 and everything was going along well. This week, tho, I'm having a helluva time swallowing. Three weeks after the fill! The fill gave me restriction and I loved it. All of a sudden, I cannot swallow any solid food and just enough liquid. I chew everything like crazy. What's the deal? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi, I'm new to this site today - I was banded May 27th, 2008 - I love my band! However, I'm experiencing the same problem. At the end of December I received a fill and three weeks later everything seemed to have thightened up more. I called my doctor and he told me for the next 3 days to go on full liquids. After the full liquids start with soft foods for a couple of days. If that doesn't help, I'm to call him on Monday and he will take the amount of fluid he put in the band out. He thinks that I may have eaten something that irritated the area and caused it to swell. We'll see.

Thank you for your comments. I am relieved to know that I'm not alone out there with this. There are a few factors for me that can be contributing to this weirdness. I'll follow your advice and go liquids for a few. Like I have a choice! I drank my coffee this mornng and so far so good.

Thanks again!

Sue, the band is pretty fickle and what you're experiencing is what many of us have over the years. I had much of my fill removed and at times I can barely eat - at others times; open game.

Everything that Jude mentioned and sometimes if I eat something really salty I’ll retain water and that even affects my band, and if I eat food with MSG.

Its such a learning and the advice to go on liquids for a few days is a good one – if you continue to PB without going on liquids to give yourself a break, you'll swell and that's when we get into trouble.

Take care!

Lisa

Sue, the band is pretty fickle and what you're experiencing is what many of us have over the years. I had much of my fill removed and at times I can barely eat - at others times; open game.

Everything that Jude mentioned and sometimes if I eat something really salty I’ll retain water and that even affects my band, and if I eat food with MSG.

Its such a learning and the advice to go on liquids for a few days is a good one – if you continue to PB without going on liquids to give yourself a break, you'll swell and that's when we get into trouble.

pls tell me the meaning of MSG???

and then PB???

pls rexplaing what do u mean in ur last line..

thanks

I am getting band on the 2/16

hope things will go just fine....

:D

I am not a medical adviser, but if you are concern, contact the doc or nutritionist for assistance.

Fills reacts differently for each person. Also, it takes time for the fill to 'settle' too. For me, after my 2nd fill in Dec, I waited a week after receiving the fill to feel restriction and I am still on the same restriction. I just so happen to be on my 'sweet sport' and got my fill at OCC.

There are a number of reason why you may feel tight:

~ band is too tight (may need a small unfill)

~ you are stressed out

~ it's the TOM

~ band slippage (which I don't think you have)

~ any food remaining around your band area and you are 'stacking' your food on top of it

...and so on

For me, when I feel like that, I go on full liquids (creamy soup stage) for a few days and then go to softer foods and then progress to harder foods. If I felt I still couldn't eat solid foods, then I call Dr. M for assistance.

Hope this helps and good luck!

can you plss tell me how to create these ticker.. the weight loss bar.. I am new to this site and have no clue...

will appriciate if u can help me step by step

thanks

can you plss tell me how to create these ticker.. the weight loss bar.. I am new to this site and have no clue...

thanks

Hi nazish ~ go to tickerfactory.com and just follow their step by step instructions...it's easy. Have fun picking your choice!!

thanks

Hi nazish ~ go to tickerfactory.com and just follow their step by step instructions...it's easy. Have fun picking your choice!!