some gas relief

I was walking around a store, then noticed I was having a bad attack of the chest pain gas I've come to know as of late. By the time I got home, I felt like I was dying. Here is something I found that helped while waiting for the Gas-X and ibuprophen to kick in....the wonderful heating pad! I was just about fetal and found that the heating pad really did help.

I so hope these go away soon.

Banded Friday Jan 23, 2009

I was walking around a store, then noticed I was having a bad attack of the chest pain gas I've come to know as of late. By the time I got home, I felt like I was dying. Here is something I found that helped while waiting for the Gas-X and ibuprophen to kick in....the wonderful heating pad! I was just about fetal and found that the heating pad really did help.

I so hope these go away soon.

Banded Friday Jan 23, 2009

Does the gas pains go away while taking gas-x in the first couple of days after your surgery? I just had my surgery done yesterday and I can feel my chest hurting, so I get up and walk around but it always comes back very soon. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tane

Hi Ladies and Welcome to Bandland! Yes, they will go away in time. You just had surgery and the gas C20 will fade away in time. Remember, they bloated your chest cavity with the gas to do the surgery. Like any other major surgery, it will take some healing time to get rid of them. Be patience.

Here's a few tips that may work for you:

~ WALK, WALK, WALK! Take lots of mini walks, not a few long ones, several times a day

~ take 2 Gas X strips at a time and just lay it on your tongue

~ don't 'sit' for a long period of time

~ while sitting, do a few arms exercises. Lift one arm at a time and reach for the ceiling, then the other arm.

~ massage your shoulders and joint areas, as the gas bubbles has a tendency to settle in these areas

~ using a heating pad helps, but move/massage afterwards to move the gas bubbles around

~ drink/sip your liquids without inhaling excess air. Don't drink from a straw.

Be well...Jude

Yeah, I walk a lot. In fact I was at the store walking after I'd just gotten off work, where I walk a lot when the gas storm hit.

It just kept getting worse, so I took the extra strength gas X, two of them, and 800 mg ibuprophen.

The heating pad kept me from pulling out every hair on my head.

Today seems to be better. I took the gas x before I had issues, and none have popped up as of yet.

whew.