my stomach has close

Hey everyone!!

I have been banded for about 9 and half months. i dont know why, but in the last 2 weeks my stomach has been acting up. i reached my sweet spot a while back and was able to eat with discipline. lately i am having a hard time eating solid proteins, and on most days i can barely eat 1200 calories. so i am continuing to loose weight which worries me. the smallest i have ever been was 125 which was right before i had my kids, but a lot of it was muscle where right now i am not as muscular. my hubby was freaking out saying that i am way too skinny now. Has this happenned to other people? i know that a couple of people had to get an unfill months later because of a similar problem, however i am able to eat things like cheese and beans but not chicken and other sources of protein that i was eating before. thanks for listening, i am seriously freaking out since i really dont want to be any skinnier, especially since i need a tummy tuck which is already going to make me even smaller.

Sounds like you clearly need some fill taken out. Why the hesitation?

hi

one of the reasons why i am hesitating is primarily for money. i also dont know if this is going to go away. i will if i have to, but i am really wondering if this goes away or if i really need a unfill.

After my band tightened I waited 5 weeks. I could have slipped it. Dr. So said if it's been a week and you are still tight like that, you have to have it unfilled. I understand about the $. I had to fly down as an emergency (and pay over twice as much for a plane ticket) and then went back 3 weeks later for a re-fill. Just have an unfill so you can eat and stop losing!!!! Good luck.

Karen

After my band tightened I waited 5 weeks. I could have slipped it. Dr. So said if it's been a week and you are still tight like that, you have to have it unfilled. I understand about the $. I had to fly down as an emergency (and pay over twice as much for a plane ticket) and then went back 3 weeks later for a re-fill. Just have an unfill so you can eat and stop losing!!!! Good luck.

Karen

When you said tightened, what were you able to eat if anything? i am still able to eat some stuff just having a hard time eating certain foods. thanks

When you said tightened, what were you able to eat if anything? i am still able to eat some stuff just having a hard time eating certain foods. thanks

It varied. One day I couldn't eat anything solid, then the next I could kind of eat tiny bits after noon. But it kept up being tighter than it was. So, I made it worse by trying to eat and then I would PB. At the end of it I couldn't get liquids down, that was Friday night, I called and I was in there Saturday morning. I wouldn't wait if I were you. Especially since you want to stop losing!!

lock,

An un-fill is most likely much cheaper than having your band slip, flying to Mexico and paying Dr. Ortiz to fix it.

Sounds like you're in a vicious cycle, I had an un-fill when I reached my goal, and Pammie had an un-fill when she was at her goal and her band tightened as well.

Don’t push it, you don’t want to lose your band altogether or get too thin. In addition if you are planning on getting a tummy tuck they don't like to perform them on those who are too thin and aren’t healthy, they can have problems healing.

Be careful! (And I'm recommending an un-fill)

Lisa

lock,

An un-fill is most likely much cheaper than having your band slip, flying to Mexico and paying Dr. Ortiz to fix it.

Sounds like you're in a vicious cycle, I had an un-fill when I reached my goal, and Pammie had an un-fill when she was at her goal and her band tightened as well.

Don’t push it, you don’t want to lose your band altogether or get too thin. In addition if you are planning on getting a tummy tuck they don't like to perform them on those who are too thin and aren’t healthy, they can have problems healing.

Be careful! (And I'm recommending an un-fill)

Lisa

Thanks for your thoughts. i understand the severity of the problem, however tonight i was able to eat a hamburger and string cheese. i am having a hard time eating earlier during the day, and somehow not too bad at night. i was able to eat more before, but i am also not sure if since im on my period i am also more tight. Ladies i really dont know where to go from here, since i am still able to eat some. im thinkingn about waiting until my TOM finishes and go from there. Thank you for all your thoughts and i will get an unfill if this continues.

Your stomach may be swollen from irritation. You can try going on liquids for a few days and seeing if it settles down. Also stopping eating for 2-3 hours before you go to bed may help with your restriction in the morning. Don't let it go too far, my fiance just lost his band because it was too tight and slipped. Before he got it removed he had gotten quite thin and sick, actually fainting on the way to the hospital from dehydration and malnutrition.