San Diego

flowerchild73

Hi, I am new here and I am going to be banded Feb.9th. I am so excited, but scared!

Anyway we will be staying one day in San Diego before the surgery. Has anyone got any

ideas of what would be the best thing to see & do there all in one day? We have looked at

the whale watching tours, but there is no guarantee that you will see any. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, I am new here and I am going to be banded Feb.9th. I am so excited, but scared!

Anyway we will be staying one day in San Diego before the surgery. Has anyone got any

ideas of what would be the best thing to see & do there all in one day? We have looked at

the whale watching tours, but there is no guarantee that you will see any. Anyone have any ideas?

You could do the San Diego Zoo, my wife and I did the zoo easily in one day. San Diego has a great bus/trolley system and its real easy to get to the zoo using the bus, plus the bus is cheap. I've also done the Air and Space museum,, its real close to the zoo, but I thought it was pricey for what it was, in fact,, I was disappointed in that. If you do the zoo,, skip the ticket that includes the bus tour at the zoo. In my opinion, the zoo bus tour wasn't worth the extra bucks, but that's my opinion. Next time I'm out in SD I want to take and visit the Navy's aircraft carrier Midway, I've heard the tour of the aircraft carrier is pretty cool, but that might be a guy thing?

the zoo is very nice. Old town is ok, but not really alot to see. The gas lamp district was alot of fun, but since it is alot of restraunts, we don't get to enjoy them, but walking around it is still fun. This time of year, I would try the whale watching cruises, or rent a car and drive up into the mountains or desert.

I think there's a lighthouse tour in point loma

shelter island is nice...great restaurants on the water

you might go to tripadvisor and check out what others are saying

have fun and good luck with your surgery.

doc is a real doll, all the way around-you are in great hands & won't want to leave the nice

facility.

Hi there!! I believe there is a company called "Old Town Trolley Tours" and they have a day tour that takes you to all of the cool places to see in San Diego. I'm pretty sure you can catch a trolley at the start of the tour and get off at various spots...i.e., The San Diego Zoo...and then catch the next trolley that comes along to continue the tour. I also believe it takes you over the Coronado Bay Bridge and to the Hotel Del, Old Town, etc...It might be something to look into. Enjoy!!

Brandywine

• Like 1

San Diego has so much to see and do- I would just walk around and check things out! Seaport village is a touristy area not far from the airport, then there is old town, the gaslamp district and a huge mall downtown ( Horton Plaza?) Also lots of beautiful beaches. You may want to go over the bridge to Coronado. The Hotel Del Coronado is a beautiful historical landmark with a nice restaurant and shops near by. I will be at the OCC on the 11th so maybe we'll meet! Amanda

• 1 year later...

Hi there!! I believe there is a company called "Old Town Trolley Tours" and they have a day tour that takes you to all of the cool places to see in San Diego. I'm pretty sure you can catch a trolley at the start of the tour and get off at various spots...i.e., The San Diego Zoo...and then catch the next trolley that comes along to continue the tour. I also believe it takes you over the Coronado Bay Bridge and to the Hotel Del, Old Town, etc...It might be something to look into. Enjoy!!

Brandywine

Yes!!! I have been to SD several times and this will allow you to see almost everything and get some history in as well. The drivers are very knowledgeable and entertaining. The whole tour takes about 2 hours and that way you can decide what you would like to spend more time on. The pass is good for the whole day. You are going to have such a great time!