Washington Lap Banders

Hi There!

I grew up in Leavenworth but I now live in Kirkland. Where are you from? I was just banded on the 9th of Jan. and I am going to be getting my fills done at NW fill management up in Marysville. I know that is probably a ways to drive but it is cheaper than flying to San Diego...

Good luck with everything!

Hi There!

I grew up in Leavenworth but I now live in Kirkland. Where are you from? I was just banded on the 9th of Jan. and I am going to be getting my fills done at NW fill management up in Marysville. I know that is probably a ways to drive but it is cheaper than flying to San Diego...

Good luck with everything!

I live in Spokane so I need to find someone here to do the fills. Was the center exactly what you expected?? Were you afraid to go to Mexico? Also was the price exactly what they quoted??

I am still trying to do some research and come up with the money. Thanks

I live in Spokane so I need to find someone here to do the fills. Was the center exactly what you expected?? Were you afraid to go to Mexico? Also was the price exactly what they quoted??

I am still trying to do some research and come up with the money. Thanks

I am from the Tri-Cities and I choose to drive to Marysvill for my fills. I love NW fill Management. They are great. I wish it was easier to get across the mountains during the winter but I just have to be patient.

Shy

I just asked this question of the other person in washington. Have you had any problems?? Was the center just like they show you on-line? How did you feel about going to Mexico?? I am still researching and trying to come up with the money.

I live in Spokane too. I was banded on Oct 27th, and my weight loss has been slow, but I'm still working on finding my sweet spot. I just had my 3rd fill, day before yesterday. I had my first fill in Lewiston, second one in Marysville, and my last one back in Lewiston. I'm hoping the last fill will start doing its job, and helping me out. I'm working out with a trainer now, so Im anxious to get this show on the road! Let me know if you have any questions.. always looking for someone close to home!

jamie

I live in Spokane too. I was banded on Oct 27th, and my weight loss has been slow, but I'm still working on finding my sweet spot. I just had my 3rd fill, day before yesterday. I had my first fill in Lewiston, second one in Marysville, and my last one back in Lewiston. I'm hoping the last fill will start doing its job, and helping me out. I'm working out with a trainer now, so Im anxious to get this show on the road! Let me know if you have any questions.. always looking for someone close to home!

jamie

Could you not find anyone in Spokane to do your fill?? I have see information about the nw fill center on the other side of the state. when you speak of your sweet spot do you mean you are still trying to get the band tight enuf so you can start losing?

Could you not find anyone in Spokane to do your fill?? I have see information about the nw fill center on the other side of the state. when you speak of your sweet spot do you mean you are still trying to get the band tight enuf so you can start losing?

No I was not able to find anyone. There is one doctor who will do it, but he charges 2500 for the first year of aftercare, which includes your fills and counsling I believe. All of the other doctors that are in the area said they would not touch me because I went to mexico. Yes, my band is finicky, and even after a week or so of my last fill, I can eat more than I would like to. I've just got to be patient and get it adjusted right. I love the gal who does them in Lewiston. She only charges $100.00 dollars and does a great job..

jamie

Hello everyone,

I just got my band a few hours ago. I arrived in San Diego, and the driver was right there...Took us to OCC, and whammo with in one hour I will having my surgery.

I only have pain at the port site..Nothing that I can't handle. Hurts a bit getting up and out of bed...

OCC is very nice, and you do get taken care of well. I feel like I should be able to burp but its just not happening.

Thank you everyone on this board for word of encouragement....They really do help....

Kim ;)

I would definatly do it again.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Western WA and flew back to OCC for first fill, got 2nd fill here in town, and third vist I made to OCC to get check-up and slight unfill. I really do like OCC best - they do so many fills and surgeries - that's all they do! It's their speciality. If you book the flight far enough in advance, it's not that unaffordable, and I stayed at a decent (better than Motel 6) hotel for $50/night. Making the entire weekend just $20 over what it would have been to get fill here in town. I got a check-up, met with Dr. Miranda for 30 mins, and had my fill appointment - was very much worth the trip!

Is there anyone from Eastern Washington that have been banded?? Where are you getting your fills done?

I go to the same person as Jamie in Lewiston and LOVE HER. She is excellent and worth the drive if you have to do it.... A good fill is worth GOLD! :rolleyes: