If you had to do it over, would you be banded

Thank you Mona. I am trying to get a new attitude. You are right that the 13 pounds would have been gained instead of lost. I will try to be patient. I guess the first fill just isn't enough and I really wanted it to be. How long after a fill do you have to wait to get another??

Thanks again,

SheRee

I think 4 weeks, but if it didn't help at all, then go now.

I would DEFINITELY do it again, but I'd do it earlier in my life. I wish I had known about this when I was 19 or 20. My weight has held me back from a lot of things in my life.

I haven't lost much in the 10 months I have had my band but I know without it I would be well over 215 lbs again. I hate my band at times but I know it's my own stupidity that gets me in the PB episodes to make me hate it. I'm learning, and loving the new me.

At this point I would NOT have had the band if I had it to do all over again. It is NOY helping me at all. I had my first fill 2 weeks ago and have not lost a single ounce. Yes, I am following all the pickin rules and I have only lost 13 pounds since being baned in Dec. I think I wasted money that I didn't have and wish I had it back instead of the band. Was the heck is restriction anyway. I paid all this money for nothing but tightness with food going down now and then and lots of extra burps. This thing was a waste. I am way depressed and embarressed.

SheRee

SheRee,

I just wanted to tell you please dont give up. It can be very hard dealing with the ups and downs. I am 32 years old and was banded November 14, 2008. I has lost 41 pounds including my pre-op, HOWEVER it has not been easy. When I got my band I think I expected the weight to fall off and I was not going to have to do nothing. I looked at it, well im eating less so the weight will come off. Well this is not true. I got my first fill January and received 1.5CCs my first fill and thought this was going to be the cure. Well it was not. As a matter of fact I called my fill doctor two weeks later to schedule my second fill and she let me come get a second fill two weeks after my first fill. January 23 I got my second fill and received another 1.0ccs for a total of 2.5ccs. Well this fill as been ALOT better, however I still am not loosing like i want to loose. I have now for three weeks been riding a stationary bike for 6 miles, 60 crunches on my ab lounger I bought, plus weights every morning for the past 3 weeks. My husband and I also go to the track everyother day, sometimes every day and walk 1.5 miles. GUESS WHAT he has lost 11 pounds in two weeks. I am pround of him, dont get me wrong but it is frustrating for me when the scales does not move. I do not eat nothing Fried or breaded. I dont eat bread, I dont drink cokes, and I dont drink with my meals. I take four fiber pills a day, chromium, vitamins every day. I drink at least 40oz of water every day and take in 60 grams of protein everyday. I eat 1200 calories max everyday. I am still not loosing like I am thinking I should. HOWEVER I am going to do this, I get frustrated OMG I get frustrated but I have made a VOW to myself I AM WORTH IT! I AM GOING TO DO THIS AND NOT GIVE UP.........I am going to weigh only once a week now. I weighed last monday, so tomorrow morning is my weigh in and I am very scared. I have worked my butt off this week and I am scared to weigh. If the scale has not moved I am going to take them out of my house. Stress does not help and it is stressing me out, not to metion everyone asking me EVERYDAY, so how much have you lost, I WANT TO SCREAM at them...lol...Anyway YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!! and I just wanted to tell you that......

BEST OF LUCK!

Carrie

Hugs SheRee and Carrie and everyone else.

I am looking for an article that is titled "100 Reasons to Ignore the Scale" but since I can't find it at the moment. In the meantime I found these.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slidesho...entid=100213228

http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/ss...osingweight.htm

http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/for...es-can-lie.html