Knot under scar between/below breasts

Hey Jennifer!

When I had my gallbladder out almost six years ago, one of my incisions was in that same spot (In fact OCC used the same one instead of making a new opening/scar) and I remember it had a scar tissue lump for a long time but it eventually went away. Now the only issue is you can see that scar when I wear a really low cut top or bathing suit....not that I wear a lot of low-cut tops, but you never know in the near-future, tee-hee !!! ;)

Sabrina:)

ps- I can't wait to meet in two weeks!!!

Yes!! Just a few weeks and the shoot is on! :) :) So exciting!

As for the lump, I did some google searches and see that many people experience this after lap band and other surgeries. It is a seroma, I'm thinking.

"A seroma is a pocket of clear serous fluid that sometimes develops in the body after surgery. When small blood vessels are ruptured, blood plasma can seep out; inflammation caused by dying injured cells also contributes to the fluid.

The remaining serous fluid causes a seroma that the body usually gradually absorbs over time (often taking many days or weeks); however, a knot of calcified tissue sometimes remains.

It may require visits to their doctor to have the seroma fluid drained. "

Thanks all... :)

Hey Jennifer!

When I had my gallbladder out almost six years ago, one of my incisions was in that same spot (In fact OCC used the same one instead of making a new opening/scar) and I remember it had a scar tissue lump for a long time but it eventually went away. Now the only issue is you can see that scar when I wear a really low cut top or bathing suit....not that I wear a lot of low-cut tops, but you never know in the near-future, tee-hee !!! ;)

Sabrina:)

ps- I can't wait to meet in two weeks!!!

My port is where the largest incision is, correct? That is fine.

The tiny incision almost in between my breasts but below a bit....that has a knot. I'm pretty sure it is what I described above (seroma). I'm less worried now that I have read many people experience it. Sometimes it may have to be drained but often it just reabsorbs into the body. It is on a the other lap band forums left and right. Not sure why its not on the OCC forum more..but I maybe I didn't search correctly on this one.