Help Lap Band Isnt Working

babydoll76

Hi, I had lap band surgery Jan. 05, I did very well lost about 30lbs, but then in Oct. 05 I had total hip replacement, so I was bed bound for a while plus did not do to much moving around after that for a while, I have now gained all my weight back and then some. I have tried and tried to go back to my doctor and get fluid added to my band but it seems like no matter what he puts in there I can still eat what ever I want, he has given me a Upper GI and it shows nothing wrong. I really want to lose this weight for myself and my hip, please help me anyone.

I had my lap band done may 2008 and have only lost 25 lbs. I am very disgusted because I have not lost more. I have 2.6cc. in my band and can not eat a lot at one time, but I do not keep that full feeling very long. In fact, there are many foods I can't eat and I don't understand why I am not losing faster.

Hi, I had lap band surgery Jan. 05, I did very well lost about 30lbs, but then in Oct. 05 I had total hip replacement, so I was bed bound for a while plus did not do to much moving around after that for a while, I have now gained all my weight back and then some. I have tried and tried to go back to my doctor and get fluid added to my band but it seems like no matter what he puts in there I can still eat what ever I want, he has given me a Upper GI and it shows nothing wrong. I really want to lose this weight for myself and my hip, please help me anyone.

Without knowing your medical history in regards to your surgery, it would be difficult to give you any sort of medical advice, (not that I would do that...rather mentoring)....I would seek consult with another physician, there's probably something else going on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Having your hip replaced is very hard on your body, BUT I know they have you up and walking within 12 or so hours with PT? correct and home soon after...If you are not moving and cont to be seditary then I would say time to get off the couch and MOVE that B O D Y that god gave with your your new hip...

Maybe get a fill, walk, write everything down. Back to basics that someone said in a earlier post. And of course get a checkup!

Kim

I had my lap band done may 2008 and have only lost 25 lbs. I am very disgusted because I have not lost more. I have 2.6cc. in my band and can not eat a lot at one time, but I do not keep that full feeling very long. In fact, there are many foods I can't eat and I don't understand why I am not losing faster.

Sounds like 2.6 is not enough. You need to find your sweet spot. You should eat and not be hungry for 3-4 hours. Just my opinion.