Any One Had a Fill or Surgery in Hawaii??

I am scheduled to have my port replaced this Wednesday in Hawaii with Dr. Weber at Kaiser. I have been without my port for 1.5 years now and have have had great restriction in the morning, but not in the afternoon. My husband said that the saline in the tube would push up into the band during the night, which caused me to feel very restricted, but would flow out of the band during the day.

I am very nervous about having my port replaced. Dr. Weber is going to empty out the band and "give it a rest." I have had the band for 3 yrs now and am afraid that when he refills it, in about 2 months, that it won't be as full as it has been in the past. Has anyone had surgery or any experience with this doctor?

weightloss.png

You have a very interesting story. It is kind of rare to find someone who has been banded as long as you on this board.

I know nothing about the doctor you are going to, but I am very curious about your situation. If you have not had a port, what keeps the saline from leaking out the end of the band? I had thought it was all one connected piece. It is so interesting all the things that might go wrong. I also think your husbands theory of the saline running back into the band at night while we sleep is very interesting. Why not? I wonder if other doctors have an explanation for the tightness in the morning.

Anyway, best of luck with your new port. I am sure that in a few months, this will all be behind you and you will feel great. I'm sure that they will be able to find the correct fill level for you.

Good luck,

Becki