VG Band

After a few months of utter discouragement about my fill trips to Tijuana leaving me less than full and less than satisfied about my wieght loss, my VG band has finally been filled to the sweet spot! I've been so down and depressed about my decision to have the band surgery, because I thought I was failing at THIS TOO! It's been 3 months since my surgery, and the friends and family who were very skeptical about me doing this have been watching me and waiting for the pounds to drop, and they watch me eat-how much, how fast, etc. and I have been feeling like I wasted all this time, energy, money and STRESS going through this for nothing but embarassment! I have had 3 fills, and still no restriction to speak of!

I know that there has been alot of discussion amongst those of us with VG bands about how we don't feel enough restriction and such, but I want to encourage anyone else who feels that the band is NOT working for them--GO GET MORE FILL!!!

Last week, I went to Cincinnati, Ohio to Dr. Curry (he posted his info on this site a while ago) and he gave me my 4th fill--an additional 2cc (bringing my band up to 6.7cc) and I am doing TERRIFIC! I have lost 8 lbs.--not that I expect to lose that much on a regular basis-because I had to do liquids/soft foods for 3 days after the fill. I am only able to eat a few bites of food at each meal, but am surprisingly SATISFIED! It's been difficult adjusting from the amount I THINK I will eat to what I actually am able to eat!

Dr. Curry's staff, nurse, and nutritionist were so pleasant and courteaous, as was he...I recommend him to all of you who can't make it back to Tijuana.

Yeah!!

I have also gone to Dr. Curry (due to finances and convienience) and found him to be awesome! I have had two fills with my second one just yesterday. He and his staff are so nice. I also really like that his dietician Erin is also a lap band patient. I find talking to her comes easy knowing she has gone through everything that I am going through.