How do I get my energy back??

I just started back on solids today after finishing my 21 days post op. Yeah Me!! I survived "Bandster Hell"!! Hey where is my t-shirt?? Anyway, I must admit that the last 10 days I was basically surviving on water and chocolate milk. Needless to say, I was not getting all my protein in during that period. Today my son and I went shopping and I was exhausted within the first hour of walking around in the mall. Not very tasking work. What do I need to do to get back to a normal functioning energy level?? I gave myself a B12 shot this morning, but I was wondering what else some of you think I need to be doing??

As always, thanks for your input!!

Make sure you are getting all your protein in!! That is very important - get those vitamins in as well as protein bullets if you need them.

Just make sure you get that protein in! And remember what Dr. Ortiz told us, spend the next 3 weeks testing the band by seeing how little you can eat rather than how much you can eat. This part has been the hardest for me, I just had my first fill today, but the last 3 weeks I have been able to eat the same as I did before so it has been difficult to make those healthy choices and eat less. Exercise also really helps to bring energy back. Good Luck!!

It went pretty well actually. They said my port was located a little higher on the abdomen then most patients but at any rate they filled me up and sent me on my way. I am a little nervous because I don't know if I have any restriction or not yet, I have been on liquids all day and tomorrow so we'll see how the solids go in a couple of days.

Good luck with yours tomorrow!

That's great that everything went well. Have you noticed any difference just from drinking? Like do you get full faster, and are you not hungry throughout the day?

I am anxious to see what happens after I get my fill tomorrow. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks, time flies!

Well good luck to you as you start solids again :)

Make sure you are getting all your protein in!! That is very important - get those vitamins in as well as protein bullets if you need them.

Hey Gurl! Yes, after being on liquids for 21 days, you would be weak...but then you had a choice to increase your proteins while on liquids. It is important to maintain your protein intake daily to be successful. It gives you the energy you need. Also, as I am finding out myself, as the months go by, MY body needs are different and I need to listen to what my body is saying and asking. Right now, I am doing between 90 and 110 grams of proteins because I am doing heavy cardio and strengthening exercises. I eat anywhere between 1100 and 1500 calories too. Between the both of these, I am balancing out my metabolism and my energy is great! In addition, I am doing a colon cleansing with the fat burner pills and I am on top of things my body is asking for. I am sleeping great, my energy is right there, I am WANTING to do more exercises and you know what?...I am NOT focusing too hard on my foods intake! YEAH! In fact, I have to use my cell phone and set calendar 'events' to make sure I am taking in my vitamins and supplements AND my 3 meals a day. So, right now, this is working for me. I am happy right now and I am enjoying my life with my family and friends. This is a good thing for me!

Hope I haven't babble on nonsence...but just want you to know where I am at and how I am doing it.