Did anyone get any numbness in left thigh

Since day of surgery, I have had numbness in the outer part of my left thigh. I asked Dr. So about it, and he said it's not very common, and if it doesn't go away in a few months to go to my regular doctor. I thought maybe the port was laying on a nerve that was somehow connected to my thigh, however, he said it could be due to something in my back, like maybe I injured something in my back, or just from being overweight. It doesn't hurt or anything, just kind of annoying. Anyone have this?

i have this in my right thigh too. i mentioned it to my fill doc who happens to be an intern and she said it was mainly benign and nothing to be worried about. Just watch it for a few months. She actually gave it some medical name but I don't remember it , but it had a form of the word "paralysis" in it and the first word started with an "M".

I also have no other symptoms with it but it did not start right after the band, it started about 8 months after banding and has been numb for about 3 weeks now.

Oh my gosh, I am so happy to hear I am not the only one (even though it's the opposite leg). I was so afraid that it was something really serious, which I realize it still could be, but it's comforting to know other people have it. I was hesitate on even mentioning it here, because I didn't want to hear "oh you better get that checked, or you're going to die" lol.

I am hoping it goes away soon, because although not painful, it's rather annoying!!