3 more days then I get to eat!!

Hey Everyone,

I am happy and proud to say that I am on day 19 Post Op and day 19 of my 21 day liquid diet. I am finding it really easy and not bad at all. I am also so happy I have lost 21lbs since surgery and 58lbs total since start of pre op. Wow!! I can not beleive that I have done it all in less then 2 months.

I am going to go for my fill at the end of March and am excited for that.

Has anyone done really well in the first 21 days and then stalled when you went to solid foods??

Has anyone done really well in the first 21 days and then stalled when you went to solid foods??

Yes, I did. I lost 18 lbs post-op, didn't lose a thing for the next 3 weeks on solids (however, I didn't gain either, so that's good), and just got my first fill last Friday, and have lost another 4/5 lbs.

Congrats on almost completing your 21 days. :)

Hey Everyone,

I am happy and proud to say that I am on day 19 Post Op and day 19 of my 21 day liquid diet. I am finding it really easy and not bad at all. I am also so happy I have lost 21lbs since surgery and 58lbs total since start of pre op. Wow!! I can not beleive that I have done it all in less then 2 months.

wow.. you lost around 21 pound in 21 days... wow

incredible

keep up the good work!!!!!!

I would love to know what you did... ;)

wow.. you lost around 21 pound in 21 days... wow

incredible

keep up the good work!!!!!!

I would love to know what you did... ;)

Thank you!

As for what I did I just followed Dr. Mirandas rules. First week nothing but broth soups and juices, I was in San Diego on holiday the 1st week post op and so I did alot of walking. Then I went to creamed soups. One thing I did find was my mental hunger kept taking over my stomach hunger so I really had to watch that. Plus I found that since I could go to cream soups I felt like I had to eat more becasue wow something more filling. I splurged for a couple days and then realized I was just eating out of boredom and mental hunger. I am really learning what stomach hunger is and honestly since I started listening to my stomach and not my brain I am not hungry very often. The band is really working for me since I am working with it.

How are you doing on your post op? I see you were banded not even 10 days ago.

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to congratulate you on your awesome progress!! I've just scheduled my surgery and I'm a little nervous about losing the required amount of weight. What did you do for your preop (diet/exercise routine) that gave you such great results before the band? Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

For my pre op I did 2 protein shakes a day and then a sensible dinner, chicken with veg or a steak and veg. I really watched my carbs as I think that is my down fall. As for excercise I own a small hotel so I am always running around doing something. So I never went to a gym or anything. I wished I did because I am loosing weight but not getting more healthy. Need to build on my cardio and build lean muscle. The sooner you start your pre op the better you will feel. I wish you luck with everything. Let me know how you do. I will cheering you on.