Gurgling

OK, so since my last fill, I have had this weird gurgling sound when I eat. Does anyone else get this? As long as I eat slow then doesn't get stuck, but I was eating lunch at my desk yesterday and I felt like if someone were sitting there they would have totally heard this sound coming out of my stomach! Best way to describe it is a gurgling sound or like a clogged drain finally coming loose.

Please let me know if anyone else has this. Again like I said nothing was getting stuck, but the sound was a little embarrassing! Don't need someone hearing that. Never had it until this last fill so maybe it is restriction but not sure.

thanks!!

OK, so since my last fill, I have had this weird gurgling sound when I eat. Does anyone else get this? As long as I eat slow then doesn't get stuck, but I was eating lunch at my desk yesterday and I felt like if someone were sitting there they would have totally heard this sound coming out of my stomach! Best way to describe it is a gurgling sound or like a clogged drain finally coming loose.

Please let me know if anyone else has this. Again like I said nothing was getting stuck, but the sound was a little embarrassing! Don't need someone hearing that. Never had it until this last fill so maybe it is restriction but not sure.

thanks!!

Yup--it happens. I also get it when I'm not eating. Sometimes at night when I swallow I get the gurgle in my throat and yes, others can hear it. I've had people look at me strangely in class on more than one occasion.

Yep I get it too, but it is more in my throat/chest area than my stomach. And yes, if you are close by me, you can hear it. But hey if this means that I FINALLY have restriction then YAY!!!

I just realized that I can no longer eat tortillas, one bite and misery almost immediately. I am a little sad about it but not too sad. I am fat because I have an addiction to breads, pastas, rice and tortillas! If I can't eat them anymore then I won't be fat anymore right?! lol!

Now I have gurgle envy!!!!! :D

I have only had the gurgling when I get my fill. I have to get blind fills and when I drink the water and the Dr. hears the gurgling sound he takes some of the saline out. I am doing fine with the weight loss, but I could probably stand a bit more of a fill. I have one scheduled for late May, but I just might have to go in April.

OK great i'm glad to know it's not just me! And I love that this could equal restriction! I haven't had any before this but today is my first day back on solids since my 4th fill and I can definitely eat way less. So let's hope this is it! I have dinner with friends on Saturday, so i'm gonna test the waters on a few things before that so I lessen the chance of getting sick.

Gotta love the weird quirks of the band! I'll take them though any day!

Hey Shelby,

I have noticed since my last fill that I have the gurgling sensation also. I still am struggling with my eyes being bigger than my stomach syndrome. I go see Dr. Malley on Monday for my first fill with him. I will let you know how it goes.

Dawn

Hey Shelby,

I have noticed since my last fill that I have the gurgling sensation also. I still am struggling with my eyes being bigger than my stomach syndrome. I go see Dr. Malley on Monday for my first fill with him. I will let you know how it goes.

Dawn

Yea! I was just there last Tuesday I really hope you like him. Be sure and let me know how it goes! It's funny, I had me a little snack a bit ago and as I type this my tummy is gurgling! Just letting me know it's working I guess! :)

• 1 year later...

I just passed my 2 year post surgery mark and until my last fill 3 weeks ago had never had this gurgling nonsense! I have a 10cc band with 4.5cc's filled. The gurgling happens everytime I eat or drink. Its in my esophagus more than my tummy. Its like those crazy spontaneous throat burbs we've all had at one time or another. I can feel them working their way up my esophagus, into my throat and ultimately the gurgle. Very embarrassing!! I don't know if I'm over filled, but I've had lots of little quirks after this last adjustment. I go to the Dr. On march 2nd so I guess we have lots to talk about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I too have the gurgling. I call it the "Draino effect". This is the first time I have felt restriction. Sometimes, I feel like I am over-filled (especially the morning), but then later in the day I feel great. I had surgery October 14, 2010 and I'm only down 20lbs. So I hope this is finally the feeling that everybody has gloated about :) This is the start of the beginning! Yah!

Yup--it happens. I also get it when I'm not eating. Sometimes at night when I swallow I get the gurgle in my throat and yes, others can hear it. I've had people look at me strangely in class on more than one occasion.

I wrote this--and in hindsight it makes me feel sad--as that gurgling was a sign that my band was too tight. After I realized this, a few weeks later I had to have an unfill and my band has never recovered from this.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone. I'm a bit late to the conversation but thought I would 'weigh in' (sorry). I have had my band for 2 years now and have lost 6.5 stone. I gurgle like a good un every time I eat and drink, my fiancé says it's like sleeping next to an industrial drainage system. I feel great tho and a bit of fizzy pop makes me burp and all is well again. I think it may be a bit of trapped wind at times! Anyway, small price to pay if you ask me. Takes time to find your perfect 'fill' and I did have 2 small reductions when I was overfilled towards the end of my first year. It's not worth being uncomfortable :)