Fill Doctors in Central Cal.

I was banded on 8/12/05 and have been too busy to get back to TJ for a fill. Does anybody know of any doctors in Central California that will fill patients that have had their bands placed by other surgeons?

I saw a website on this on another forum. i will try to find it for you. it was some plase (website) where you put in your zip code and it gave you all the Drs. that were into weight loss. All those letter after their names indicate what they do. "FOLL" stands for them being willing to do followups for you if you have surgery somewhere else. I think you had to call them to see if they would treat you.

I live in Oakdale and am having my surgery on Oct. 27th I have also found the zip code web site it is www.asbs.org. Click the button on top that says patients and then click on member search. It will then ask you for your zip code. Our closest Dr is in pleasanton! I hope this help. Let me know who you find and how you like them.

Thanks,

Heather

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was banded on 8/12/05 and have been too busy to get back to TJ for a fill. Does anybody know of any doctors in Central California that will fill patients that have had their bands placed by other surgeons?

hi ,just how hard is it to find a doctor in the states to do fills?i'm going to have a lapband put on in april and my husband is in the AIRFORCE AND WE MOVE EVERY 3 YEARS OR SO.

Go to www.fillcenterusa.com It is my understanding that Dr Ortiz and two other doctors are puting this together. It allows you to find a doctor in other states that will do the fills for MX patients. It looks like right now they have about 6 states in which there are doctors willing to do the fills. It is however my understanding that it is new and they are working on getting more physicians on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to www.fillcenterusa.com It is my understanding that Dr Ortiz and two other doctors are puting this together. It allows you to find a doctor in other states that will do the fills for MX patients. It looks like right now they have about 6 states in which there are doctors willing to do the fills. It is however my understanding that it is new and they are working on getting more physicians on it.

I'm trying to find out how you ask a question and start another subject for the forum. Guess I'm no good at the computer . Help anybody out there!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's insulting how some of these doctors refuse to do fill for doctors outside of the US, especially since Dr. Ortiz is the official spokeperson for the Inamed Lap Band. He is the expert and often travels all over to teach physicians how to properly use it. And the guy is a miracle worker. He told me that there was one surgery that took him no more than 5 minutes.

I know it's true because a when I got banded, there was another gal there who was a nurse - also getting banded. She wanted to observe the process and he allowed her to do so. She confirmed, that it was no more than 5 minutes. And minimal soreness or pain.

Tammy

• 2 years later...

I am not sure where central cali is to you, but I live in Visalia and there is a female doctor where who does blind fills. As well as a doctor in Sacramento through Fill Center USA. I Hope that helps. I can tell you after having one blind fill it won't happen again. I will make the time and travel to TJ for relief and comfort