Lean Cuisines

I'm finally able to eat a bit --- I've been super sick for about a week. I got my second fill on 02/12. I have heard people say that when they are at their "sweet spot" that it is IMPOSSIBLE to eat a whole Lean Cuisine. Do you experienced bandsters agree with this? I truly believe that I have restriction, but I was able to eat a whole Lean Cuisine tonight. I did not feel hungry afterwards nor was I completely stuffed. Just me being curious.

Thanks, Kristy

Personally I never felt that those prepackaged meals were very filling. Some nights I could eat a whole one, even with great restriction. Other nights not at all. If you were full and not hungry then it's no biggie. Just be careful because those have a lot of sodium and can be very misleading on their "nutrition". I am pretty much off all prepackaged dinners like that for the most part........

Karen

I'm finally able to eat a bit --- I've been super sick for about a week. I got my second fill on 02/12. I have heard people say that when they are at their "sweet spot" that it is IMPOSSIBLE to eat a whole Lean Cuisine. Do you experienced bandsters agree with this? I truly believe that I have restriction, but I was able to eat a whole Lean Cuisine tonight. I did not feel hungry afterwards nor was I completely stuffed. Just me being curious.

Thanks, Kristy

Kristy, you know I am going for my 3rd fill. So, I can't answer your question. But, I did want to tell you that I love Nutri System! Ilove the fact they dont have to be frozen or refrigerated.

Kristy, I just wanted to come in here and say, congrats on your weight loss. Almost 48 lbs!! That is so awesome. I bet you feel so great. Nice job!!!

:)

Kristy,

You are doing wonderful as chiki said. Congrats on the weight loss. I have my third fill scheduled March 13 but still very undecided if I am going to get it. My fill Doc and Dr. Miranda are telling me I need to eat more calories. She also stated that tightness does not always mean weight loss, but could only give you complications in eating your food....She told me I was not eating enough calories to eat more......

My day I usually would eat a protein shake for Breakfast (very tight in the morning) and have a Lean Cuisine for Lunch and Dinner. I can eat the whole normal size Lean Cuisine. HOWEVER, I have been working my butt off for the past three weeks with walking, weights, abs..etc and cant seem to get the scale to move. I was getting hungry between my meals and said to myself I need a fill. Well my fill Doc told me I might need a slight fill and to start adding snacks between meals. I have started adding the High protein snacks and it is working very well. It is also giving me my calories for the day. I posted a thread about the snacks and Jazzy made a comment about packaged/processed foods and it got me thinking. I pulled a Lean Cuisine from my freezer and starting reading. I NEVER thought about reading Lean Cuisine because it gives you the calories and fat right on the front of the Box. WELL ! the first one was Turkey, stuffing and Apples MY FAV Lean Cuisine and OHMYGOSH!!!! Yes it only has around 280 calories but the CARBS and the SUGAR that are in the meals is UNREAL!!!! HIGH, VERY HIGH, carbs and sugar.... I was so frustrated, I have been eating this twice a day for 2 weeks!!! :angry: So with that said I have now starting "preparing" my on meals again with portion control. I am going to stay away from packaged or canned as much as I can and see if this helps any! I dont know how you feel about Carbs but I have always heard they were BAD, I just was not aware there were so many in a Lean Cuisine.

Good luck too you!

Carrie

Hi my son lost all his weight, (140 lbs.) doing what he calls the lean cuisine diet. He was banded a year ago January. He eats one for each meal.

I myself eat 2 a day, and yes I eat the whole thing, that question was brought up last summer, so I asked Kitty at NW fill center If I should be able to eat a whole one, and she said yes,

I try to eat the ones with the highest protein, for those of us who have portion control problems, (me, me, me) I find these to be the best solution, I even add green beans or spaghetti squash to mine.

They keep me full for a good 4 or more hours. I also eat WW smart ones.

You are doing a great job! glad you are feeling better.

Thanks everyone! Lean Cuisines are not my daily meals... but, last night when I ate a whole one the only thing that kept running through my mind were comments like, "I could never eat a whole Lean Cuisine." I started freaking out. I've been making my own "pre-packaged" meals, but with being sick I haven't been able to stand for more than five minutes without thinking I was going to pass out.

Thanks, Kristy

Congrats on your weightloss, you are doing great! As for lean cuisines, smart ones, nutrisystem, or other weight/portion controlled entrees, I absolutely love them. And yes, I can eat a whole one. I eat slowly, small bites and take my time and really enjoy them. Which in turn, I feel satisfied and without hunger for at least 2-3 hours. I know a few are a little high on sodium, or carbs, but the good thing it is portion controlled.

Therefore, if you use the smart ones (weightwatchers) and you follow your points (which are technically your calorie intake including your fats, carbs, etc) with additional fruit and veggies - you should be ok. Of course, don't forget your water intake. Carbs are not always bad, there are good carbs called complex carbs which is usually whole grains and wheat. Simple carbs are usually white flours/starches that are bad for you. So just depends on what carbs you intake.

I normally try to cook all of my food, but what I like to do, is when I have one portion controlled entree, I eat it entirely. Then after an 1 hour drink water/other fluids, and then 1-2 hours later have small fruit/veggies. That way I get my fruits/veggies, I can not eat both the entree and the veggies/fruit at the same time.

I don't know how accurate this information is, but I was told at a Bariatric Surgery Support meeting by the nutritionist to compare protein to carbohydrates.

She said, for instance, if you have two lean cuisines, compare the proteins and carbohydrates. Say if it has 18 g of protein and 56 g of carbohydrates it is not as good as one that has 18 g of protein and 24g of carbohydrates. She said always try to keep your protein and carbohydrates as close to equal as possible.

Does that make sense? Has anyone else been told something similar to this? I have been doing this when buying yogurt, etc.

I have cut way back on pre-packaged meals and I miss them tremendously. I bought several lean cuisines last night, because I am getting bored with chicken and salad.

How do you guys feel about the South Beach meals?

How do you guys feel about the South Beach meals?

I absolutely loved the South Beach meals. The pork and green bean one was my favorite. In the early days of my band I liked the pizza as well, but after my fill this past Wednesday something tells me that I should not even think about that one again.

I stopped at Wal-Mart the other morning and decided to grab one for lunch, but I could not find them. I also looked at a grocery store later in the week and didn't find them there either. I am afraid they might have taken them off the market in my area.

Definitely give them a try as they are packed with protein which is an absolute plus.

I can no longer eat a whole Lean Cuisine. I could however, until my fourth fill. I am at my 'sweet spot' (for me) and I can eat about a half Lean Cuisine now. The amazing thing is, I don't look at the leftovers with dismay, as I would have before. I love my tiny, perfect portions. Every single person is different, in how tight they want their band. You'll figure it out as you go! :)

I have not eaten a Lean Cuisine, but every so often I do eat an Amy frozen meal because they are USDA certified organic for almost the same price and offer less sodium and comparable calories on some of their choices, if you can find these in your grocery store try one or two, not all of them are completely healthy so be sure to read the label. Some days I can eat it all some days I can't it really just depends don't beat yourself up about it, it is all about calories in calories out and your progress seems amazing so you must be doing something right!! Good Job!!

I have not eaten a Lean Cuisine, but every so often I do eat an Amy frozen meal because they are USDA certified organic for almost the same price and offer less sodium and comparable calories on some of their choices, if you can find these in your grocery store try one or two, not all of them are completely healthy so be sure to read the label. Some days I can eat it all some days I can't it really just depends don't beat yourself up about it, it is all about calories in calories out and your progress seems amazing so you must be doing something right!! Good Job!!

Those Frozen Amy's Burritos (any kind, I love them all) are AWESOME. My local Target store carries them for like $1.67 each and that is the best price I have ever found. Big thumbs up...

-Katy

Those Frozen Amy's Burritos (any kind, I love them all) are AWESOME. My local Target store carries them for like $1.67 each and that is the best price I have ever found. Big thumbs up...

-Katy

Man I guess I need to start shopping there for them I normally get them at United for almost 4 bucks so that is a HUGE difference.....thanks for the tip I might try Target instead!!! I don't get too may, but one or two a week could really add up.

-Katy

I don't think i've noticed these before but i'm going to have to look for them. Thanks for the heads up on these! I am a sucker for Mexican food so anytime I can get my fix i'm in! :) I'd also like to start looking at more organic food as well as cooking as much as I can. I have quite a few frozen meals, especially WW but the ones I like the most are mostly pasta so I try to not eat those as much, but with my crazy life I don't have much of an option sometimes. But you know, as long as i'm getting my water in they sure are better than what I used to eat! :)