Finally broke down and scheduled an un-fill

Well, March 3 will be 5 months since my surgery. I have lost 80 lbs since then! I am very happy about that..But, I have posted before that since my second fill, i have hardly been able to eat or drink anything. Some days are fine and i can eat and drink but then my band will tighten and I can't even get water down. It has been two months since my last fill and its been rough. I have lost 50lbs in the last two months alone. I finally had enough of throwing up and not being able to drink even water that I broke down and called the fill center. The nurse will not be up in my area for 2 more weeks. She was so concerned that she scheduled me to drive the 4 hours to where she lives so she can take some fill out. I am meeting her at a hospital and she is doing it under fluoroscopy. I am nervous my band may have slipped because of all my throwing up. But i don't have any of the slippage signs and its always PB..i always throw up whats above the band, never below.

Anyway, I am nervous and just thought i would post. I am very happy with my 80lb weightloss and love my band,but hate the throwing up part. I would still do it all over again though :-)

Well, Congrats on your WONDERFUL weight loss!!! Happy Band anniversary and finally, sorry to hear about your issues. I hope that all goes well for you during your unfill and that your band did not slip. I'm sure it's a temp issue and you will be able to resolve this issue with the right medical professional. :)

Well, March 3 will be 5 months since my surgery. I have lost 80 lbs since then! I am very happy about that..But, I have posted before that since my second fill, i have hardly been able to eat or drink anything. Some days are fine and i can eat and drink but then my band will tighten and I can't even get water down. It has been two months since my last fill and its been rough. I have lost 50lbs in the last two months alone. I finally had enough of throwing up and not being able to drink even water that I broke down and called the fill center. The nurse will not be up in my area for 2 more weeks. She was so concerned that she scheduled me to drive the 4 hours to where she lives so she can take some fill out. I am meeting her at a hospital and she is doing it under fluoroscopy. I am nervous my band may have slipped because of all my throwing up. But i don't have any of the slippage signs and its always PB..i always throw up whats above the band, never below.

Anyway, I am nervous and just thought i would post. I am very happy with my 80lb weightloss and love my band,but hate the throwing up part. I would still do it all over again though :-)

All I can say is "WOW". I am curious, are the fill centers that you are going to the "Fill Centers USA"? I have been seriously considering going to one instead of flying down to OCC for my second fill. I am only 2 weeks out since my first fill but I am starving and struggling to stay with the program. Anne

Hey Ann- It's Amanda- we rode to the Occ together when I had my surgery and you had your fill- I am bummed to hear your fill wasn't terrific- How much did he put in? Did Dr. Ortiz do it? Did you feel like you had restriction before you left? I am just starting to get hungry again, still dealing with mental hunger vs physical. I'm down another 10lbs since surgery, but want to lose 10 more before my fill on March 24. I am going back to OCC, even though there is a Fill Center USA only 30 min away. Has anyone done both that can compare?

Thanks for the replies everyone! Yes, I have had 2 fills at The Fill Center USA here in Georgia. They have been great. In only 2 fills they filled me up to 3.4 cc's! Of course it turns out that was way too much LOL. Now the nurse is meeting me where she lives to take a little fill out. They seem to really work with you, although they are very expensive. It cost me 285 dollars just for the unfill.

I had my surgery at OCC but never had a fill there. Its too far and expensive for me to fly there from Georgia.