Pregnant 3 months after lap band surgery

aza9

Hi I just found out I'm pregnant. I had my Lap band surgery in nov 2008. I'm concerned because I was told no pregnancies for 12 months. Will this affect the baby or my health? Also because I have large babies and require my third C section will this also be a complication?

• 1 month later...
Hi I just found out I'm pregnant. I had my Lap band surgery in nov 2008. I'm concerned because I was told no pregnancies for 12 months. Will this affect the baby or my health? Also because I have large babies and require my third C section will this also be a complication?

I had lap band surgery about 6 weeks ago and just found out im pregnant. My surgeon said I will be fine and so will the baby. I have already had 1 fill and he is going to leave it in.

Hi! I am 18 weeks pregnant. My ob and perinatal is very optimistic and supportive of the band. They have let me keep my fill so far. They say they see very healthy pregnancies with the band. My previous pregnancy was complicated by blood pressure and weight. i am on much better path for this pregnancy thanks to the band!!

Congrats!!! Keep us posted!!

Hi, I had my lap band placed June 2007, got pregnant September 2007. Had a very healthy baby girl with no complications in May 2008! Not only was she very healthy I only gained 9 lbs during entire pregnancy. It actually was the best pregnancy I have had and she was number 4. I also delivered her by C-section. I have done it that way with all of mine. Everything will be great!!!

Congrats!!!

Candy