I feel like a million dollars

I woke up yesterday morning and felt like a light bulb went off, I was going to kick this into high gear and get very serious about my goal of competing in a sprint triathlon this summer!

I joined Curves gym a month ago and yesterday had my first weight and measurements taking. I am down 3" and 5 pounds! I have only been going once maybe twice a week since then. I know I have to go at least three times to get the full benefit but with everything takes time to get into the routine! So when I got up yesterday I told myself that I would go three times this week, and walk my puppy 3 nights this week. That's it. I'm not going to worry about next week, one week at a time and before I know it I wont miss a day and going to Curves will be second nature! I tend to get overwhelmed, when I look at the big picture it just seems to be to much and i fail myself by just not doing it!

I am on the smart chip thing at Curves and once I was done my full body workout in 30min I had burned 975 calories!!! If i go three times a week that's a pound a week just by exercising! I know everyone probably knows that but when your a fat girl and a simple thing like working out three times a week for 30 min can burn a pound its amazing!! I love Curves the ladies there are so nice and its FUN, i have never said that about working out. I HATE gyms, cause i feel like I am the only dumb person there and everyone is so cocky and they all seem to be know-it-all's. I don't mean to offend any gym loving people, but the pressure there to be thin and ripped is just to much for me!

I am having a hard time with this first fill, i don't have any restriction and I cannot afford to go back to the OCC until June 6th for my second fill. So i am trying out the willpower thing! If nothing else i just don't want to gain between now and then. I wish there was a doctor here in Alberta that would do a fill for me!

My pants are falling off of me, my shirts I am swimming in them, and my winter jackets i could almost get a small child in there with me!!!!! I'm going shopping this weekend for a few new dress pants for work, how cool is that! I'm now at 249, I haven't been this small since I was 17 years old, 10 years ago!!!!!

I'm in such a good mood, on cloud nine, smelling the flowers (at Safeway, its still winter here) and looking forward to getting in shape and completing the triathlon this summer!!! Nothing is going to stop me now.

I have all of you to thank for getting me through the rough times, i might not post but I read this forum everyday and the topics, every topic, reminds me that Im not alone and I can do this.

Oh, tonight I am going to my very first OA meeting, cause YES, I am a compulsive over eater. And this band is a tool not the mental cure!

LOVE ALL OF YOU,

Jenelle ><'

Your positive attitude is contagious! Thanks for this wonderful post and great job on your accomplishments so far. I too struggled with the exercise at first and now I feel just yucky if I miss my morning work out, NEVER thought I would say that but it is true! Good luck and thanks for this great post!

Jacklyn

I am going to Curves in Calgary, either the one on Richmond Road or the one on 4thST and 23rdAve!

The OA Meeting was amazing! It is just what I needed. I went to the OA website and found a meeting. I am going to the one on Wednesday night at Woodcliff Church and I might on to the Monday night meeting at the Bethany Care Center, again all in Calgary. From the 1 hour meeting I learned so much about myslef just by listening to people's stories!

OH guess what!! I have to buy a new belt. I posted a month or so ago that I have one more notch on my belt to go...well i moved it over this morning and its still not tight enough!

Jenelle

I woke up yesterday morning and felt like a light bulb went off, I was going to kick this into high gear and get very serious about my goal of competing in a sprint triathlon this summer!

I joined Curves gym a month ago and yesterday had my first weight and measurements taking. I am down 3" and 5 pounds! I have only been going once maybe twice a week since then. I know I have to go at least three times to get the full benefit but with everything takes time to get into the routine! So when I got up yesterday I told myself that I would go three times this week, and walk my puppy 3 nights this week. That's it. I'm not going to worry about next week, one week at a time and before I know it I wont miss a day and going to Curves will be second nature! I tend to get overwhelmed, when I look at the big picture it just seems to be to much and i fail myself by just not doing it!

I am on the smart chip thing at Curves and once I was done my full body workout in 30min I had burned 975 calories!!! If i go three times a week that's a pound a week just by exercising! I know everyone probably knows that but when your a fat girl and a simple thing like working out three times a week for 30 min can burn a pound its amazing!! I love Curves the ladies there are so nice and its FUN, i have never said that about working out. I HATE gyms, cause i feel like I am the only dumb person there and everyone is so cocky and they all seem to be know-it-all's. I don't mean to offend any gym loving people, but the pressure there to be thin and ripped is just to much for me!

I am having a hard time with this first fill, i don't have any restriction and I cannot afford to go back to the OCC until June 6th for my second fill. So i am trying out the willpower thing! If nothing else i just don't want to gain between now and then. I wish there was a doctor here in Alberta that would do a fill for me!

My pants are falling off of me, my shirts I am swimming in them, and my winter jackets i could almost get a small child in there with me!!!!! I'm going shopping this weekend for a few new dress pants for work, how cool is that! I'm now at 249, I haven't been this small since I was 17 years old, 10 years ago!!!!!

I'm in such a good mood, on cloud nine, smelling the flowers (at Safeway, its still winter here) and looking forward to getting in shape and completing the triathlon this summer!!! Nothing is going to stop me now.

I have all of you to thank for getting me through the rough times, i might not post but I read this forum everyday and the topics, every topic, reminds me that Im not alone and I can do this.

Oh, tonight I am going to my very first OA meeting, cause YES, I am a compulsive over eater. And this band is a tool not the mental cure!

LOVE ALL OF YOU,

Jenelle ><'

So proud of you & happy for you! It is a wonderful feeling, I am right there with ya! Keep up the exercise! It works!

YEA Jenelle!!!! What a fantastic feeling.

I am interested in checking out Curves. I will for sure now!

I did a total of 5 sprint tri's at my heaviest weight and can't wait to try some of them again this season. An excellent website to get tri help is Beginner Triathlete I look forward to your race/training reports!

I am going for my first fill here in Calgary to a Dr Phillip Mitchell. You may want to try him if you want a fill before going back to the OCC. He is charging $150!

I am very excited to get this fill as I have gained about 5 lbs since going on solids ...so I am ready to start losing again. I have been very irratable this week and I think it has something to do with the weight gain even though I am saying that it isn't bothering me...who am I trying to fool...that damn monkey in my head!!!!:)

LOVE ALL OF YOU,

Jenelle ><'

Jennelle--There are more than a few who have read your post(s) and got a tear in their eye. You may never know how many you have influenced by starting this thread. Thank you for doing that. God bless you--stay strong, fierce and unstoppable!! Diana

Thank yo Tootsie_lou for your kind words!

brenda01 where were you banded? I have called his office before and he will not fill me unless I pay $5000 for 5 year post op care because I had surgery out of the province/country!

Let me know,

Jenelle

• 2 weeks later...
Thank yo Tootsie_lou for your kind words!

brenda01 where were you banded? I have called his office before and he will not fill me unless I pay $5000 for 5 year post op care because I had surgery out of the province/country!

Let me know,

Jenelle

I was just banded at the OCC and I didn't go without making sure I had a fill doc here. I called Dr. Mitchell and he called me right back and said it was no problem and that the fee was $150. I have an appointment in April. They know where I was banded so I'm not sure why they said that to you. Maybe that was an old policy?

Thanks Lulee, he was trying to go private at the time that I was looking last fall. There was also a lawsuit that was making a lot of the doctors in alberta say no to out of province surgery people. So you are right in saying that it was an old policy. I looked and phone every doctor in the province in November and December and they all said no! I knew the surgery was to important to me, so not having a fill doctor in Canada was not going to stop me, I knew I would just have to find the money to fly back to the OCC! I was able to go for my first fill but my second I had to put off because the money just wasn't there! That's why I love this forum...it was here and Brenda told me he was taking people from out of province, and was denied his private practice!! I tried so hard to do the same as yourself , I was not going to have the surgery unless I had a fill doctor here! But you have to roll with the punches! I am happy to report that I am going to see Dr. Mitchell tomorrow for my second fill! So happy that we have public health care in this country!

Thank you for your post!