Just wanted to say Hello to all of you Banders

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined your forum and wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Dalaina and I live in East Texas. I have just made the decision to get banded and I am THRILLED! I already feel like I have a new chance at life. I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Wilkenfeld in Houston, Texas for March 31st. I am 40 years old and weigh 254 with a BMI of 48. I have had two babies in the past two years after thinking that I was unable to get pregnant and never going to be a mommy. I am thrilled to have my two baby girls ( Abigail 15 1/2 months & Emma 2 months) but I fear their future if I don't end this love affair that I've had with food my entire life. Not only have I been overweight since about 5 years old, but I watched my Mom stay around 300 lbs most of my life as well. She would do one diet and then another - lose 70 lbs and gain back 90. She is still morbidly obese and has all the health problems to go with it: high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, arthritis, lupus, both knees replaced and still in a wheel chair, etc. Although, at 40 I'm still relatively healthy, I know that this same road is what I have to look forward too if I don't make a drastic change. I long for my little girls to grow up using food as a fuel source and not a best friend - learning to make good food choices and live a healthy life. With the band, I believe I can once and for all make this change in my life.

Thanks to everyone for your many blogs and posts. The before and after photos are also VERY encouraging. I need your testimonies and wisdom to make this journey. If anyone has used Dr. Wilkenfeld - I would love to hear from you and your experience.

Looking forward to making this journey with you,

Dalaina

(((((((((((((Dalaina))))))))))))))))

Welcome!

I have not been banded "yet" either. I'm waiting for my surgery date. I started the pre op diet 2/13/09 (which was early but my doctor gave me the okay).

I can't wait to hear more about your progress.

Hi Dalaina, you will love this forum. There are some WONDERFUL people here that can give you really good suggestions and advice. I too am from East Texas!

Good Luck and Hello to you as well!

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the encouragement! You haven't had the band very long -but you seem to be doing great! What an inspiration to us pre-banders! Keep up the good work.

(((((((((((((Dalaina))))))))))))))))

Welcome!

I have not been banded "yet" either. I'm waiting for my surgery date. I started the pre op diet 2/13/09 (which was early but my doctor gave me the okay).

I can't wait to hear more about your progress.

Hi Robbyn, Boy, your weight loss is already great - even before you've gotten the band! I hope you get to set your date for surgery soon. Keep us posted on your progress.

Dalaina

Welcome to the group - we are excited to have you here! I encourage you to read back many months in posts and you will find so much valuable information here. This is a great resource and will make you feel very comfortable about your decision.

Congrats and I can't wait to hear about all your success! You will be a vet before you know it! :)

Welcome to the group - we are excited to have you here! I encourage you to read back many months in posts and you will find so much valuable information here. This is a great resource and will make you feel very comfortable about your decision.

Congrats and I can't wait to hear about all your success! You will be a vet before you know it! :)

Thank you and Shelby gave you a really good idea. That would help you alot. There are great posts on this board and anytime you have a question, really dont matter how small you think it is, post it, I promise you will get it answered!

Good luck to you!

Carrie

Congratulations on your decision to get the band. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I love it, have had a few problems but is soooo worth it. I wish you the best of luck with your new band life.