Iam banded

YAY =D>

finally after all the waiting I am finally banded, but I dont feel so good my side is so sore I guess its where the port is at, I want to burp so bad and I cant it just hurts for a momment ther I actually thought ''maybe this wasnt a good idea afterall" but I know the end results are well worth it. Can anyone please tell me how long it took for you to feel normal again? by normal I mean like not having pain where the port is at and being able to burp again? :unsure:

Hi

first congratulations !!!!! =D>

Finally you got banded

you know everyone is different

I was feeling better the same day

and walked around the mexico the next day we took off from the OCC

but I knew someone there .. who wasnt feeling well tim 4-5 days

hope you will feel better soon

GOOd luck to your new life

Hi FAbi!

Congratulations, lady!! I hear you about the soreness. Know that you'll get to feeling more comfortable soon. Take it slow and just dream of how you'll be prancing up and down the south Florida beaches in your bikini!! Hang in there.

Diana

Best advice is WALK, WALK, WALK AND SIP, SIP, SIP!!! :yes: I went shopping the next day with another bandster and her friend on Revolution Ave. and I think that really helped. I found that warm [room temp.] to hot drinks worked better than cold or icy drinks. Cold stuff seemed to give me that shoulder pain, or at least made it worse.

As for the burping.... I found out [by accident] that when I bent over, like to straighten a carpet, I burped. I don't know why, maybe it squashed it out because of my bloated gut, but I would bend over on purpose to make myself burp.

My port was tender for a couple of months after my surgery. I'm sure everyone's different though. I was told to watch for redness, swelling and\or hot feeling in your incisions

Best wishes, Darlene

YAY =D>

finally after all the waiting I am finally banded, but I dont feel so good my side is so sore I guess its where the port is at, I want to burp so bad and I cant it just hurts for a momment ther I actually thought ''maybe this wasnt a good idea afterall" but I know the end results are well worth it. Can anyone please tell me how long it took for you to feel normal again? by normal I mean like not having pain where the port is at and being able to burp again? :unsure:

I felt pretty horrible for about a week. I though that I too had made a big mistake. However, about 7-10 days later, I felt great. Try to walk, even if it's sore. Just try to get some rest and it will feel better soon. All those people that went out shopping etc. I'm not sure how they did that. There is no way I could have done that. Hang in there, it does get better.

WELCOME to Bandland Fabi and Ashley! YEAH!!

OK, remember to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk! Do lots of mini walks, not long ones and don't sit for long periods of time. Sretch from time to time to move any gas bubbles you may have in you.

Hang in there...you just had surgery. Your port area may be sore for a couple of weeks, but every person's body is different. Don't wash off the surgery glue where your port is, as it keeps in dry and holds the incision well. After it starts to do it's peeling, then you can apply Maderma to soften the skin and scaring appearances. when laying down, I used a pillow as a 'buffer' to roll on my side for comfort.

Remember on day 4, if you want, you can have some of those wonderful drinkable yogurts!

Good luck and keep us posted on your weight loss! ((HUGS!!))

YAY =D>

CONGRATS! I felt better after a couple of days - each day you will feel better. I had my 2nd fill last weekend and asked the DR about not burping but having a ton of gas. He said that air gets into my stomach and has to go one of two ways. Well, my body only lets it go one way. I can NOT burp - I try and try, but can't do it - so it goes the other way hahaha.

Stay positive and you will feel better soon!

Judi

Hate to brag, but I can't help it. I just got banded yesterday, and I FEEL GREAT!!!

I pretty much felt great from about 30 minutes on!

No nausea, just a little gas, a little soreness--but I could even lay on my side (carefully!) during the overnight stay at the clinic!

So newbies, don't panic--everyone is different--with any luck you'll have an easy time of it, too! :P

Hate to brag, but I can't help it. I just got banded yesterday, and I FEEL GREAT!!!

I pretty much felt great from about 30 minutes on!

No nausea, just a little gas, a little soreness--but I could even lay on my side (carefully!) during the overnight stay at the clinic!

So newbies, don't panic--everyone is different--with any luck you'll have an easy time of it, too! :P

Sounds like me. I didn't have all the gas pains people talk about in their shoulder etc. I went shopping the next morning. However, once I got home and was sitting a lot, my port got very tender.

So, try not to sit in one position for too too long. There were definitely many times within the first 6 weeks that I had a heating pad around my port area.

Thank you all for the support!!!

I have been walking and sipping thats no problem, I havent had the shoulder pain eigther , today I am on day 5 and the sorness is not as bad and I can lay on that side again the only darn problem is the burping it just wont come out, the gas is coming out the other side though lol but I just want to be able to give one big burp, when i feel like I have to burp I just get pain on my chest and the most I get to do is like a hicup and thats it no burp :angry: but I guess little by little Ill return back to normal