Protein

Just wanted to let people know that walmart carries a protein shot! well try drink it is 3.5 oz has 110 cal. 2 or 3 carbs and 26grams of protein, flavor is fruit punch, a litte tart but not bad. comes in what looks like a giant test tube is about $2 each.

hope this helps someone. :)

okay, now that it isn't 1230am I will fill you all in on what the container says.

FIrst i found it in the protein section, where the shakes and powders are. like I said it looks like a large chemisty vial. It says Super Whey, Protein Shot, Ultimate recovery Fuel. The brand is Body Fortress. It has 26g of protein, 110 cal. 0 fat, 1g carbs. The only flavor i have found is fruit punch, like I said it is a little tart, okay a lot tart but it is only 2.9oz. so it is doable.

Hope you can find it.

I'm curious to know. Why are you girls taking protein shots? Is it that you're not getting enough in your normal diet? Or is it that you're not able to eat properly? I'm just curious to know, because if you're eating your 3 meals a day there shouldn't be a need to consume extra protein.

I asked this same question about a month ago. I didn't understand why people were consuming the protein shots. When I tracked my food on sparkpeople.com, I was surprised to see the numbers add up (protein, carbs, etc.). I don't think I need the protein shots and haven't bought them. However, I do sometimes wish I had them on hand, when I'm having a day where everything seems to be getting stuck. But a BOOST protein shake usuallys works just fine. I enjoy it and it gives me 15g of protein. I may buy the shots at some point, tho..maybe when I start working out extra heavy?

I'm curious to know. Why are you girls taking protein shots? Is it that you're not getting enough in your normal diet? Or is it that you're not able to eat properly? I'm just curious to know, because if you're eating your 3 meals a day there shouldn't be a need to consume extra protein.

Jennifer,

I like your new avatar picture. Very pretty. I remember your post about the protein. Once you have been on the forum for a while, you will realize that the protein bullet/protein shake is pretty much a constant. Someone is always asking how much is enough/too much.

I think that there is just so much confusion about how much is enough protein. The other thing I think is that people are supplementing protein in the morning when they are too tight for real food. The last sub-set of posts seem to be from people who are working out 6 and 7 days a week and their trainers are recommending 100 grams of protein a day.

We are supposed to be eating our protein, not drinking it. But, people are going to do what they feel is right for them and their particular style of lap band management and that is okay. It is a learn as you go program.

Dawn

when i was on the full liquid diet i wasn't getting what i thought was enough protein, the yogurt was only about 5g and the shakes only 10, and the soups sometimes 0, when i went a week or longer with no loss a few friends of mine asked about my protein intake and i realized the post op papers said 30g so i looked for something to get me through the last 4 days of my clears not that i am on reg food i haven't had any more of the shots, and by shot i mean little drinks not needles! sorry for any concern or questions :huh:

I don't utilize them daily, but there are some days I do not get enough in and it has had a direct impact on my weight loss. On the days I need them, I do 1/2 of a vial a day which is about 22g.

Awww, Dawn, thanks! :D I'm slowly becoming more comfortable in front of the camera and not just behind it. (I'm a photographer) And thanks for your input on the never ending protein issue. Makes sense.

Hugs,

J.

Jennifer,

I like your new avatar picture. Very pretty. I remember your post about the protein. Once you have been on the forum for a while, you will realize that the protein bullet/protein shake is pretty much a constant. Someone is always asking how much is enough/too much.

I think that there is just so much confusion about how much is enough protein. The other thing I think is that people are supplementing protein in the morning when they are too tight for real food. The last sub-set of posts seem to be from people who are working out 6 and 7 days a week and their trainers are recommending 100 grams of protein a day.

We are supposed to be eating our protein, not drinking it. But, people are going to do what they feel is right for them and their particular style of lap band management and that is okay. It is a learn as you go program.

Dawn

I haven't lost any weight in two weeks. Reading these posts makes me think it's because of the lack of protein. I think I'm getting about 20 grams of protein a day with about 1000 calories. Could that be it? Just not enough protein?