Running Clinic

:huh: I am not a runner but I find the spot to be amazing, the shape and tone of the body of a runner is something I am going to have! I start a clinic tonight at the Running Room called Learn to Run. The goal at the end of the 10 week class is to be able to run 5km (3.1miles). Running is the one hurdle I have to over come in order to complete my Triathlon that I am signing up for this August.

I will let you know how it goes in the AM.

Jenelle

:huh: I am not a runner but I find the spot to be amazing, the shape and tone of the body of a runner is something I am going to have! I start a clinic tonight at the Running Room called Learn to Run. The goal at the end of the 10 week class is to be able to run 5km (3.1miles). Running is the one hurdle I have to over come in order to complete my Triathlon that I am signing up for this August.

I will let you know how it goes in the AM.

Jenelle

OMG! Thank you so much for telling me about this. I am signing up for the Breast Cancer 3 day (60 miles in 3 days) and this will be great!!!! I just looked at the website & I am going to do one too! WOO HOO!

Hi Jnlebean, Did the Running Room send you a shopping list of items you NEED to start running. It was a good list but i'm not sure I'll be able to find a sports bra in my size. lol

Good luck and keep us posted, I'll see you at the Support Our Troops Run in June.

Cujo

Never heard of that before that is really cool! I tried to start running a few years back, but I have bad knees so I have to be careful. I still am going to do it but not long distances.

Good luck I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

THAT WAS A BLAST!!!

Oh so much fun, I knew I could do it, it was just a matter of doing it! I got there 45min before the class started, I know keener! It was a good thing that I did, the class I signed up for was canceled! But they had another class for Ladies Only that was the exact same thing, they would teach you to run and the goal at the end of the class was the same, run 5km. That class had just started when I got there so I was able to join right in!

We talked a few minutes about who we are and why we are there and a little bit about the class. Then we got up and went running. I picked this location to take the clinic at because of where we would be running, around the Glenmore Reservoir! Its so pretty, much better than running up and down side streets and breathing in gas fumes from all the cars on the road. We started off running for 1 min and then we walked for 2min. we did this 7 times for a total run time of 7 mins and a walk time of 14 mins. Once we did the first minute of running I was feeling good not huffing and puffing for air, and wanting to stop. Then the second run time came and went, I called out to the instructor that there was no way that was a minute, it went by so fast! HA HA HA, I was then called the keener of the class!

By the end of the night I was so full of energy and wanting more. To get the :whistle3: full benefit of the class they ask us to run at least 3 nights a week! So that means that I need to run twice on my own! Plus the 3 nights I am doing Curves, I am going to be one hot looking girl in about 3 months from now!

Thanks all for listening and your comments. I totally recommend signing up for the class if there is a Running Room store in your neck of the woods.

Jenelle

THAT WAS A BLAST!!!

Oh so much fun, I knew I could do it, it was just a matter of doing it! I got there 45min before the class started, I know keener! It was a good thing that I did, the class I signed up for was canceled! But they had another class for Ladies Only that was the exact same thing, they would teach you to run and the goal at the end of the class was the same, run 5km. That class had just started when I got there so I was able to join right in!

We talked a few minutes about who we are and why we are there and a little bit about the class. Then we got up and went running. I picked this location to take the clinic at because of where we would be running, around the Glenmore Reservoir! Its so pretty, much better than running up and down side streets and breathing in gas fumes from all the cars on the road. We started off running for 1 min and then we walked for 2min. we did this 7 times for a total run time of 7 mins and a walk time of 14 mins. Once we did the first minute of running I was feeling good not huffing and puffing for air, and wanting to stop. Then the second run time came and went, I called out to the instructor that there was no way that was a minute, it went by so fast! HA HA HA, I was then called the keener of the class!

By the end of the night I was so full of energy and wanting more. To get the :whistle3: full benefit of the class they ask us to run at least 3 nights a week! So that means that I need to run twice on my own! Plus the 3 nights I am doing Curves, I am going to be one hot looking girl in about 3 months from now!

Thanks all for listening and your comments. I totally recommend signing up for the class if there is a Running Room store in your neck of the woods.

Jenelle

Bean - I am not a runner either. I got into it becuase I needed something that was quick and I could do anytime. And so I began to walk...and then I was power walking....then I was lightly jogging. This was about 4 years ago. I have now completed 8 marathons if you can handle that! I really can't believe it. I'm still not a runner and I love it. Be careful, you might get hooked. I hope you do.

SoCal Kid

Congratulation on all your motivation. I too have always dreamed of running a marathon and I did sign up for one, but only a half one. I will be doing one in May. One of my goals was to be able to become a runner and I think I'm almost there. I will be running 13.1 miles and I am up to running 6 miles with out stopping!!!! If I could do it so can you... Keep on running and do not give up! :D