I am getting my first fill tomorrow, I am .. happy?

Hi everyone,

finally it starts the op is over the healing is well underway and maybe now the first fill is the start to the real weight loss.

I didnt lose much weight after the op, more i lost before the op on the optifast..

Im a little scared to be filled. Right now I can eat normally pretty much........ 2 slices of bread for lunch etc thats it!

After the fill i hope that when i eat that [ainful feeling of a lump in my throat goes away? After I eat i get that atm... weird but it goes away..

The area i had the port put in is ... dead to the world, no nerves I cant feel it i could stick a pin right in not that i would and i wouldnt feel it. Is that normal?

Anyway the main point I am getting a fill! Any tips? My partner is coming with me because i need the support i think.

Wormbutterfly!

Oh well i guess no one had time to reply (just read).

I am going now to get my fill, when I get back does anyone know of other support forums as well as this one where there are more people that can help with support etc?

Maybe something in Australia? Thanks

Sorry,

Its often slow on the weekends, you should be happy but also understand that you may be a little bit sad as well. You most likely wont be able to eat like you use to and that can be missed - but you get over it when you start dropping the weight. There’s no way I could eat 2 slices of bread and barely can eat a bit - my band just doesn't like bread.

The painful feeling may get worse - for many of use it’s the sign that we are done and need to stop eating - hopefully before we get to that point.

My port is not dead - I can feel everything - but we're all different so don't worry, if you can't feel the needle all the more power to you - wish I couldn't feel it!

Tips, stay calm - and try to not eat salty food before the trip - Dolittle has some great tips - search for his article bout fills.

Best and hope it went well!

Lisa

Hope the fill appointment went well.

I think there is a lot of trial and error, especially after that first fill. I left the doctor's office thinking... hmm, I don't feel very different. The next morning when I woke up though it was so tight I had to switch to sipping slimfast for a couple of days until it settled in. And bread, bread was a thing of the past! I always know it's time for a fill when I find myself eating the meat off a sandwich and then I start picking at/eating the bread!

Let us know about your fill experience!

Best wishes,

Hey I am home!

I have had 1.5cc put in, is that about average for a first fill? She said she would rather go slowly than overfill and cause me any stress.

The Dr was so lovely! She explained more about foods and really made me feel well.. special and that was a nice feeling.

She also got my port on the first go, and mind you its in a different area than i thought it was! Its closer to m y bello button and not under the port scar.. :) Im so newb!

I had water before i left and it went down fine and a arnotts biscitt now and ill go to the shops to get a baby can of baked beans, she said its good to have a few handy in case you want to eat and its better than junk food she also told me to stay away from juices, i think she spotted my 200ml apple juice in my handbag *blushes* as they are empty calories, she was so lovely!

It was a good experience, not as scary at all as I thought it would be and even though i made my partner come for support, next time.. no need :)

I cant wait to start dumping this weight!

Love Worm.. soon to be a Butterfly ♥

Yeah, ever since my first fill bread is out of the question for me. I really didn't feel much of anything after those first couple of fills, but now I can definitely feel the restriction especially earlier in the day. Morning most foods are out of the question and then it gets better at lunch. Dinner I can eat most stuff but still need to go slow and chew well or it gets stuck. I used to be able to eat an entire frozen meal and now that is out of the question, so it is nice to see a difference.

You've already had your fill so you know this, but the fill is a piece of cake! I was really nervous about the whole needle in my stomach thing, but really the pain is very minimal. I actually thing the worst part is after the needle is in and they are moving it around trying to hit the port. But even that is a piece of cake to me.

Let us know how it went!

Woops! Looks like we were posting at the same time. Glad it went well! My first fill was 1.25, so you got a good one. Everyone is different but that is about average.

Your all so great it means a lot to have this forum, so thanks everyone here who participates and also to the OCC for running this forum. There is nothing like this in Australia so I am glad you let everyone join :)

I cant wait to eat! I want to see how full I will be lol! :)I will eat one baked bean and say to my partner 'baby the rest is all yours' I am so FULL!

*wink wink*

a arnotts biscitt

Are these also known as Tim Tam's? I was in Australia in 2001 and during a hike in the rainforest our guide kept giving us cookies/biscuits that he called Tim Tam's. They were wonderful, even if I was the sickest I have ever been in my life. I have found something in the states at World Market that I think are the same thing, but they do say Arnott on the package.

I might like to go back to Australia and try that rainforest hike again after I lose all of my weight and have had my plastic surgery. I and my friends seriously thought I was going to on that two day hike because I was so dehydrated I was vomiting by lunch the first day and I had heat exhaustion. Our guide told my friends that once we got to a place where his radio would work he was going to call some people to come meet us and carry me out. I only wish he had told me that so that I could have completely given up trying to walk out on my own once I reached the place where his radio worked. But, I was trying to be strong for one of the other hikers who came into contact with a gimpy gimpy plant and later found out that she was trying to be strong and keep going for me. Maybe this will be the trip I take my nephews on when they graduate high school as that will give me a few years to plan and save for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

finally it starts the op is over the healing is well underway and maybe now the first fill is the start to the real weight loss.

I didnt lose much weight after the op, more i lost before the op on the optifast..

Im a little scared to be filled. Right now I can eat normally pretty much........ 2 slices of bread for lunch etc thats it!

After the fill i hope that when i eat that [ainful feeling of a lump in my throat goes away? After I eat i get that atm... weird but it goes away..

The area i had the port put in is ... dead to the world, no nerves I cant feel it i could stick a pin right in not that i would and i wouldnt feel it. Is that normal?

Anyway the main point I am getting a fill! Any tips? My partner is coming with me because i need the support i think.

Wormbutterfly!

Hi - WB

Congrats on your band....

I'm a little confussed how many weeks has it been from when you were band, till your first fill?

And I noticed you said the area where you had the port put in... Is it in a different place then the others?