Back from First Fill

Hey Everyone!!!

Well I am sitting at the airport in Saskatoon, Sk waiting for my husband to come and pick me up. I went down for my fill to TJ Mesico on March 25th for my fill on the 26th.

I went with my mom and she had her consultation with Dr. Ortiz while we were there as well.

I got 2CC in my band. Was weighed by Dr. Miranda and I have lost 60lbs since starting my preop and 23lbs since my surgery on Feb 6th 2009. I have been on a 4 week stall but hoping my fill will get me past that.

As for my actual fill it went awesome, port is in ther perfect place, no flip. My pouch is the size it should be and my band is exactly where they put it. While I was having my fill my mom was in with Dr. Ortiz meeting him. He then came in to see me and see how I was doing. He came over and gave me a huge hug and told me he was proud of me for what I have done and how well I am doing. He was great and it was so nice to see him again.

I am definetly going back to Mexico for every fill.

It was nice having my mom with me as we did some shopping and then went to San Diego for a few days after for some more vacation.

I did my liquids for 3 days after my fill and I have only had one thing get stuck. That was a peice of chicken from a salad and I stopped eating as soon as it happened and did not try again to eat for about a hour after. Everything went down good from then on.

Every restaurant we have gone too I have ordered off the kids meal and noone has ever given me a hassel YET! They better not :)

The hardest thing to deal with right now is the not drinking for a hour after I eat... Ahhh that part sucks, but i think I might start getting the hang of it.. No choice right.. One thing I have done is have them take my water away when my meal comes so there is no temptation.. That has worked out a bit better.

As for any violence over in Mexico, we saw no violence. We did see the military out and they were there on Revolucion Ave in full garb including gund not even 5 feet from us.. But we felt safe. I was never worried. That being said we were never out at night by ourselves..

Just thought I would give a quick update!!!

Julie

Hooray Julie!!! I wish I could fly back for fills there too. I'm going to try to go for a check-up on my 1-year bandiversary and kill 2 birds with one stone celebrating my ten-year anniversary in SD at the same time. I PRAY I'll be at goal by then!!! Best of luck to you...and hope it's warming up out there in the Prairies!

Sabrina:)

Sounds like your trip went really well and great job on your success so far! As you get fills it will go even better! And the drinking and eating thing I thought would be the worst but it hasn't been nearly as bad as i thought it would. I used to drink a TON of water while I ate and thought I could never break that, but I have and it's not too bad at all.

Good luck and I can't wait to see your future successes!

Hey Everyone!!!

Well I am sitting at the airport in Saskatoon, Sk waiting for my husband to come and pick me up. I went down for my fill to TJ Mesico on March 25th for my fill on the 26th.

I went with my mom and she had her consultation with Dr. Ortiz while we were there as well.

I got 2CC in my band. Was weighed by Dr. Miranda and I have lost 60lbs since starting my preop and 23lbs since my surgery on Feb 6th 2009. I have been on a 4 week stall but hoping my fill will get me past that.

As for my actual fill it went awesome, port is in ther perfect place, no flip. My pouch is the size it should be and my band is exactly where they put it. While I was having my fill my mom was in with Dr. Ortiz meeting him. He then came in to see me and see how I was doing. He came over and gave me a huge hug and told me he was proud of me for what I have done and how well I am doing. He was great and it was so nice to see him again.

I am definetly going back to Mexico for every fill.

It was nice having my mom with me as we did some shopping and then went to San Diego for a few days after for some more vacation.

I did my liquids for 3 days after my fill and I have only had one thing get stuck. That was a peice of chicken from a salad and I stopped eating as soon as it happened and did not try again to eat for about a hour after. Everything went down good from then on.

Every restaurant we have gone too I have ordered off the kids meal and noone has ever given me a hassel YET! They better not :)

The hardest thing to deal with right now is the not drinking for a hour after I eat... Ahhh that part sucks, but i think I might start getting the hang of it.. No choice right.. One thing I have done is have them take my water away when my meal comes so there is no temptation.. That has worked out a bit better.

As for any violence over in Mexico, we saw no violence. We did see the military out and they were there on Revolucion Ave in full garb including gund not even 5 feet from us.. But we felt safe. I was never worried. That being said we were never out at night by ourselves..

Just thought I would give a quick update!!!

Julie

WAY TO GO JULIE!!!!

I am sooo proud of you. you are doing fantastic! Keep up the great work. I was banded in March and am excited to make the trip back! Thanks for letting me know how things went.

Keep it up girl! That swimsuit is calling you :)

Just so you know Silverstarz76, there is an RN in Saskatoon that does fills. Her name is Lorna King, and she's a great lady. Her email address is lornakingrn@hotmail.com and her number is 1-306-373-1879> Tell her Joel sent you. ;)

Just wanted to let you know. Have a great day, and much success on your WLS Journey!

Joel Sopp

President

Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group

www.sbssg.ca

joelsopp@sasktel.net