Plastic Surgery Scheduled

I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

I met with my plastic surgeon for a second consultation today and I am now scheduled on April 30th for a Tummy Tuck and an Arm Lift here in Kansas City.

The last time he and I talked about doing a Lower Body Lift, but I just wasn't sold on it. I realize I would probably get the best results from a LBL, but based on the cost of the LBL, the fact that my outer thighs do not need the help and I am not trying to get back to any kind of body that I used to have (because I have never in my life not been overweight), I requested today that we do the TT instead.

There is a chance that the TT will help my inner thighs enough that I will be satisfied with them and will decide against doing the Thigh Lift in the future, but then again I may not. If I didn't want to wear shorts, short sleeve tops and a swim suit I would be pleased with my body the way it is, but I am not a fan of my arms falling below my sleeves and my thighs falling below the hem of my shorts. The TT may help my "love handles" some but that is not guaranteed. Those are the least of my worries anyway and I am willing to live with them if that is how it turns out.

I am also excited that I saved $3000 by doing it this way as opposed to the LBL route and then still having to do the Arm Lift and possibly the Thigh Lift at another time. If I had chosen another doctor I could have saved another $3000 by not having to spend the night in the hospital, but I really like my doctor and the extra $3000 is worth the comfort level I have with him as well as the extra sense of security it will give me and my family. At this point I have spent a total of 2 hours over 2 office visits with him and have not had to put out a dime. I was really impressed that my first consultation lasted an hour and a half and I was the only patient he was dealing with. I had a consult with two other surgeons, one which kept running between me and another patient and the office of the other surgeon never sent me price quotes as they said they would the following day - it has now been a week since my visit. My surgeon even takes his own pictures as opposed to one of the other doctor's who had his office staff do it and then she called me to come back because she didn't do them right. That appt. was scheduled for this afternoon, but I cancelled it.

At the point of the plastic surgery I will be 14 months out from my Lap Band surgery. As of this morning I am down 67 pounds and hope to lose at least another 3 by the time of the plastic surgery for a total of 70 down. I knew the plastic surgery would come at some point, but definitely didn't expect it this soon. Once I realized how bad my arms and thighs were going to look this summer and already do look in my workout clothes I decided to get busy.

I could say so much more, but if I am going to sacrifice a couple of weeks of library time to recover from this surgery I better get busy on my dissertation as I do plan on graduating some day. I am already envisioning my graduation dress and how I am going to strut across that stage and accept my diploma. On second thought I may not strut, but I will definitely walk tall, proud and confidently across that stage.

Sorry this is so long, but like I said before, "I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!"

Congrats, you deserve this and I'm so happy for you.

It’s hard to explain what a difference it makes in our confidence - the changes can be dramatic. Clothes fit better – people who hadn’t really noticed how much weight we actually lost can now clearly see. The extra skin can be a hindrance, and its not fun to deal with, cutting it off is such a relief, you’re able to see the true you and all the work that you’ve done will really show and pay off in how you feel about yourself.

All the best, you’re going in with the right attitude – you will do just great and it sounds like you picked the right PS!

Lisa

How close to goal weight should you be for a tt? I'm averaging a weight-loss of ten pounds per month, so I could be at my goal by the end of summer. Although my "goal" weight is still quite high. I'm aiming for 160 since I was 150 in 8th grade and can't imagine weighing the same as I did in 8th grade!!! Although 160 is heavy for some, on my frame it translates to a very healthy-looking size 10. Will they do a tt if you're still a little overweight?

Sabrina:)

How close to goal weight should you be for a tt? I'm averaging a weight-loss of ten pounds per month, so I could be at my goal by the end of summer. Although my "goal" weight is still quite high. I'm aiming for 160 since I was 150 in 8th grade and can't imagine weighing the same as I did in 8th grade!!! Although 160 is heavy for some, on my frame it translates to a very healthy-looking size 10. Will they do a tt if you're still a little overweight?

SABRINA, WHEN OR IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE DR NYTE IN MAPLE VALLEY, YOUR MORE THEN WELCOME TO COME STAY WITH ME :)

Each doctor I saw said something different. The one I am going to knows that I have another 20 or so to lose. He was fine with that amount, but said if I had another 50 or so to lose that he would not be doing the surgery. He also said that he will be removing 10-15 pounds just by doing these two areas, and feels that the tummy will not be where I would lose the remaining weight should I chose to put the surgery off until I lose more. I figure I will get another 5 when/if I have the thighs done at a later time. The second doctor said I should be within 10 pounds of my goal weight and the third doctor wanted me to be at a stable weight for 6 months.

I am really focusing on size more than pounds anyway. I literally have been overweight all of my life so it isn't like I am trying to get back to a certain weight. I originally thought 160 would be a good target, but my primary doctor said 150. I also have a large frame and pretty much know that 144 as suggested on the weight charts is not an option unless I want to look anorexic. I am not looking to be super model thin, just "normal". I also hope to get to a size 10 and stay there. I am currently wearing some 14's which are starting to show that they are getting big, but I plan on wearing them until I have had the surgery. I have bought some jeans and capri's in 12's and they fit nicely. Therefore, I am pretty sure that after this surgery I will be down to a 10.

I told my mom that I am finally going to lose my baby fat. Seriously, if you look at my baby pictures I have a roll of fat on my inner thigh and that is the same roll of fat that would be targeted by the thigh lift.

Each doctor I saw said something different. The one I am going to knows that I have another 20 or so to lose. He was fine with that amount, but said if I had another 50 or so to lose that he would not be doing the surgery. He also said that he will be removing 10-15 pounds just by doing these two areas, and feels that the tummy will not be where I would lose the remaining weight should I chose to put the surgery off until I lose more. I figure I will get another 5 when/if I have the thighs done at a later time. The second doctor said I should be within 10 pounds of my goal weight and the third doctor wanted me to be at a stable weight for 6 months.

I am really focusing on size more than pounds anyway. I literally have been overweight all of my life so it isn't like I am trying to get back to a certain weight. I originally thought 160 would be a good target, but my primary doctor said 150. I also have a large frame and pretty much know that 144 as suggested on the weight charts is not an option unless I want to look anorexic. I am not looking to be super model thin, just "normal". I also hope to get to a size 10 and stay there. I am currently wearing some 14's which are starting to show that they are getting big, but I plan on wearing them until I have had the surgery. I have bought some jeans and capri's in 12's and they fit nicely. Therefore, I am pretty sure that after this surgery I will be down to a 10.

I told my mom that I am finally going to lose my baby fat. Seriously, if you look at my baby pictures I have a roll of fat on my inner thigh and that is the same roll of fat that would be targeted by the thigh lift.

I am like you, I am more looking at the finished size I want to be a size 10 than the weight size. I was also told that even tho I think I need to loose another 30lbs he told me that I could do it now rather than later. I still want to atleast lose another 15 before my surgery in august. I will be thinking about you on youre surgery day.

You're so sweet! Where is Maple Valley?

MAPLE VALLEY IS OUT PAST RENTON AND KENT, EAST

LISA AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. WE'VE BOTH HAD WORK DONE AND LOVE THE RESULTS. 3 PEOPLE I WORK WITH HAVE BEEN OUT THERE, A FEW FRIENDS HERE AND THERE, THE KID ACROSS THE STREET HAD HIS NOSE DONE BY HIM, MY NIECE HAD BODY SCULPTING AND MY SISSY JUST HAD A TT IN JAN BY DR NYTE

http://www.nytesurgical.com/

That is so exciting congrats! Which doctor did you end up going with? Ohhh I can't wait until I can get my arms done. They are already gross and I still have a lot more weight to lose. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

That is so exciting congrats! Which doctor did you end up going with? Ohhh I can't wait until I can get my arms done. They are already gross and I still have a lot more weight to lose. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I chose Dr. Barnthouse. His office is in the Carondolet Doctor's Building on the St. Joe Hospital campus, but the surgery itself will be at Menorah.