What does full mean to you!

Like a few others on this site I have been questioning myself what being full means. I have learned that all my life I thought that being full was to be stuffed, feel like you just cant eat another bite. Your sitting at the table and like everyone says "I just cant eat another bite" as you push the plate away. That's what I thought full was. But I guess its not. I feel when I eat that I could eat more but I have a very very slight thought/feeling in my stomach of oh I think I might be full. I have been getting this feeling lately and I am taking that as my sign to stop eating. But in my head I'm not full, I know I could eat more but if I do I would get to that stuffed feeling after a another helping of food. Are you following me so far...? Its hard to explain. There is no feeling of being full is there, the actual feeling is the thought in your mind telling you to stop right? Like the another post said 15-20% of people don't feel full, I think I might be one of them.

So my question to you is when you are full do you feel a sensation (like you feel when your stuffed) in you stomach that you are full or is it just a thought you get that you are full?

Jenelle

You are giong to hate thi answer....but honestly I dont know yet. I am still figuring it out. When Im eating I have to stop a lot and figure out if I am still hungry. I have only felt really full twice - and it actually scared me cuz I was afraid I overate. If Im not hungry - that is my cue to stop and it feels so much better. I just wish it wasnt so hard!

I also need a fill - so I have to be really careful!

Jnlebean,

First I would like to say that you have an adorable Shih Tzu. They are my favorite!!

To answer your question, I have to ask a question...are you wanting to know what full feels like pre-op or post-op?

Here's what it's like to me post-op: The difference is vast when it comes to physical signs, as you know, there are consequences from eating too much food. The first feeling can be tightness in your chest, next can be burps or hiccups, then comes on the sliming and PBing. As far as subconscious signs, it can be as faint as a whisper in your ear, or a sigh. Whisper meaning you know in the back of your head that you are satisfied, and you COULD stop. If you don't, then on comes the physical signs. :)

Hope this helps,

Evette

Evette! You look great! I like your before and right now picture. The confidence is amazing between the two!

I find it's easier to notice the signs if there are absolutely no distractions when I'm eating. No eating in front of the tv, no eating on the run. As much as possible, I sit down to eat with my family. First, I have a glass of water (and then no more drinking for an hour)....then I put the proper portion in front of me (use one of my kids plates) and sometimes I can eat it all and not feel "full" but I'm certainly not hungey either.

Other times I am full after only a few bites (I start feeling a heaviness in my chest) it sucks because I WANT to eat the rest but I don't want the pain so I wait and chat with my family and try again later. I really try to get that meal down at some point because I don't believe two mouthfuls per meal is nutritionally sound....although sometimes I forget to go back and finish it....you should see how many little plates of my left-overs are in the fridge right now!

What a fab collection of plates too....Dora the Explorer , Diego, Hannah Montannah, High School Musical, hahaha.

Sabrina:)

....then I put the proper portion in front of me (use one of my kids plates) and sometimes I can eat it all and not feel "full" but I'm certainly not hungey either.

I really try to get that meal down at some point because I don't believe two mouthfuls per meal is nutritionally sound

I so agree with both of these statements. My doctor told me that unless I go over a cup of food I will not come close to stretching my pouch, so stopping after a couple of bites is not an option for me and I get concerned when I hear that others do that at most every meal.

I find it's easier to notice the signs if there are absolutely no distractions when I'm eating. No eating in front of the tv, no eating on the run. As much as possible, I sit down to eat with my family. First, I have a glass of water (and then no more drinking for an hour)....then I put the proper portion in front of me (use one of my kids plates) and sometimes I can eat it all and not feel "full" but I'm certainly not hungey either.

Other times I am full after only a few bites (I start feeling a heaviness in my chest) it sucks because I WANT to eat the rest but I don't want the pain so I wait and chat with my family and try again later. I really try to get that meal down at some point because I don't believe two mouthfuls per meal is nutritionally sound....although sometimes I forget to go back and finish it....you should see how many little plates of my left-overs are in the fridge right now!

What a fab collection of plates too....Dora the Explorer , Diego, Hannah Montannah, High School Musical, hahaha.

My niece lives with me part time and when she's not here I get the pleasure of eating on her Cinderella dishes!!!! I feel so fancy!!!!!

You know for me as I get each fill, it's like I have to re-learn what fullness is for me. I'm almost there I think since my last fill and it's been almost 2 weeks. I struggle to find the balance of eating too much or not eating enough and being hungry 2 hours later (then that starts me eating too many times a day and eating around the band). Everyone is different, but for me as long as I portion it out i'm OK. Snack sized ziplock bags and the really small gladware are my new best friend! Now on those times when portioning is not an option, if I eat nice and slow then I will get one giant hiccup which is my body telling me i'm done. For me, it is also that "content" feeling and not that stuff my face which I used to always do and love. It is hard though - the fat girl inside me keeps screaming that i'm not feeding her enough so I am working to shut her up! :)

Jnlebean,

First I would like to say that you have an adorable Shih Tzu. They are my favorite!!

To answer your question, I have to ask a question...are you wanting to know what full feels like pre-op or post-op?

Here's what it's like to me post-op: The difference is vast when it comes to physical signs, as you know, there are consequences from eating too much food. The first feeling can be tightness in your chest, next can be burps or hiccups, then comes on the sliming and PBing. As far as subconscious signs, it can be as faint as a whisper in your ear, or a sigh. Whisper meaning you know in the back of your head that you are satisfied, and you COULD stop. If you don't, then on comes the physical signs. :)

Hope this helps,

Evette

Wow , you are a great example of sticktuitiveness. You obviously have been very successful w/the band. I will be banding on April 13th YEEEAAAHHH...can you explain what sliming and PBing is

PBing means to throw up your food, this happens when you typically have eating to much or the wrong food and your body cant handle it. You will bring it up, there is no acid as it typically happens before the food hits the stomach. Sliming is sort of the same thing. When you PB you are bring up food and slime.

Jenelle