Is it worth it?

I am now 6 days post-op and just having questions about if I did the right thing. I had a large hiatal hernia fixed. Dr. Martinez said it was one of the biggest he has seen. I am in a lot of pain and feel like I will never be able to eat or breathe normally again. Everything hurts going down, I am nauseated most of the time, I have the runs really bad, it hurts to take a deep breath. I know I am still healing from sugery, but these are just the questions going through my mind. Is this a good thing to have done?

Julie

I am now 6 days post-op and just having questions about if I did the right thing. I had a large hiatal hernia fixed. Dr. Martinez said it was one of the biggest he has seen. I am in a lot of pain and feel like I will never be able to eat or breathe normally again. Everything hurts going down, I am nauseated most of the time, I have the runs really bad, it hurts to take a deep breath. I know I am still healing from sugery, but these are just the questions going through my mind. Is this a good thing to have done?

Julie

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry that you are feeling so poorly at this time. I think what you are feeling, the questions and misapprehensions are normal for post op. Try to keep telling yourself that you did the best thing for yourself, but right now your body is healing. Get plenty of rest and follow the Dr.'s orders to the letter. Don't be afraid to take the pain meds the doctor prescribes. Talk out your fears and frustrations with folks that have been there...the support forums help immensley!

When that weight starts falling off your body, you'll wonder why you waited so long to have it done! Good luck girlfriend and God bless you as your body and mind heals on this journey!

Dreamer

Julie

Hi Julie,

I have to admit that I didn't have the problems you are having. I would highly suggest calling Dr. Ortiz. I would also review the post op and intake instructions from Dr. Miranda. The runs may be from the liquid diet. It got better for me as soon as I was able to go to Slim Fast drinks.

Make sure you follow all of the instructions. Although I didn't do any crunches I was picking up a new puppy the first week, which I realized was like a standing crunch, and dry heaved a couple of times. I called Dr. Ortiz and talked to him within a half hour (he ws in surgery).

If you symptoms have been going on for a couple of days or more I would seek local medical attention.

Take Care,

Marc

• 1 year later...

Julie

Julie, hope things are well, i see that your posting is 2 years old, how did it go?

Julie, hope things are well, i see that your posting is 2 years old, how did it go?

If you click on a username in a post you can select "Find member posts" and see other posts they have made. I looked at other posts from Canada Julie and only found a few after this one. Many people stop hanging out here after they're banded. Sounds like she was doing well in Jan, 2007 Bold is mine:

QUOTE(Linda in Enumclaw @ Jan 4 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Everyone -

I'm a new member to the forum and am considering surgery with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. Does anybody know how long the wait is for surgery?

Thanks!

Linda in Enumclaw (WA)

From the first time I contacted the clinic to my surgery date was 34 days. I could have had a much earlier appointment, but I needed the time to get my things together. The clinic is really good about working with you for a date that works. I found once I decided I wanted the lap band, I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. I am very glad I did it, though right afterwards I had some doubts. I think that everyone does when they get home, you still are not totally feeling normal, not eating any solid food, feeling some pains on and off and wonder if you are crazy. Now that I am two months out, I am thankful I have done this and look forward to getting closer to my goal. So far, I am 20% of the way to my goal.

Julie C

Nov 6/06

Make sure you are dilluting the juice you drink!!!!!

Julie