eat too much - don't feel full

LaWanda

is anyone else having prob with not feeling full? maybe i am expecting too much. i was not measuring my food, sounds like i should have been. i tried eating till felt full, ate alot more than i feel i should have, frightened i am stretching out pouch. going to start measuring food instead of worring about anything else for now so if i have streached it will go back down. had fill under floro feb 26th 2009 haven't lost what i think i should have, only 3 or 4 pounds i think. doctor said can not have more fill without being too tight so i don't think that is problem ?!?!?? could be wrong i guess. i just never feel "full" i guess i need to be happy just not being hungry maybe i am expecting too much from band and not enough from myself :unsure:

Hey LaWanda,

I think part of what I went through was understanding what my new “banded” full felt like. Many of us feel it differently, I remember one person explaining how it felt like a golf ball in her throat, that little uncomfortable feeling that too means to stop eating. That’s what fit my full and when I realized how different it was from my old stomach full feeling.

However if you’re not getting it, and you’re feeling hungry between meals – I think you need another fill. Sorry to say it – but first do like you note and what Linsay recommends, look at your diet and what and how you are eating. Try measuring your food, eat really slowly and chew each bite 30 times and make sure not to drink while eating. Eat your protein first followed by veggies/fruits and last carbs and make sure that you aren't drinking an hour after as well.

If you do all that, and you’re still hungry (and you’re sure its not that emotional head hunger that some of us go through) its time for a fill! With a good fill, you know when to stop – if you don’t it can get uncomfortable and if you don’t have that – I don’t think your using your band to it full capabilities.

Take care and hope it gets better!

Lisa

Hi Lawanda,

I just wanted to say that you spoke my very thoughts. I too am going through the same thing as you! Lisal is rock star and I am going to follow her words and see how I feel leading up to my next fill on April 23. I hope this time I get more out of this fill!

I agree we're not getting the full effects out of our band!

Jenelle

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All ,

I am having similar feelings as LaWanda .

I had the surgery on 4/20/09

I am on stage two of the diet , strained creamed soups , sugarfree pudding , 80 grams of whey protein.

I had farina for the first time today, our receipe is 5 teaspoons farina to 6 tablespoons of water.

I was able to eat that with no problem ,the full feeling never came , I wasn't hungry ,

but I thought i would feel full, like I had Thanksgiving dinner.

My lovely wife had the surgery on 4/1/09 , so i was able to watch her go threw the stages , when she was at

stage 2 she was unable to consume that much food , I am getting nervous that I am streching my pouch.

todays food intake:

(course of the entire day )

12oz coffee with coffee mate

40 oz water

only 40 grams protein today

(breakfast)

farina 5 teaspoons farina to 6 tablespoons of water

(lunch)

1can campells tomato soup

(dinner)

1can campells chicken broth

farina 5 teaspoons farina to 6 tablespoons of water

(snack)

1 prepacked sugar free jello pudding

well too much or too little food , or am I being paranoid

Me too I also like you dont feel full. I have had my second fill (Yesterday) and honestly for dinner i had 3 slices of home made pizza and a hot chocolate.. the pizza did not fill me and i still could have eaten more, it was only 1/2 hour later that i had a hot chocolate that i felt full.

I thought the full would be the normal full feeling I dont know what feelings to look out for its a part of the process but its confusing and then i dont lose weight and i feel dssapointed. Feel free to PM me we are in the same boat. In 1 month i lost 1 kilo... thats sad!

Me too I also like you dont feel full. I have had my second fill (Yesterday) and honestly for dinner i had 3 slices of home made pizza and a hot chocolate.. the pizza did not fill me and i still could have eaten more, it was only 1/2 hour later that i had a hot chocolate that i felt full.

I thought the full would be the normal full feeling I dont know what feelings to look out for its a part of the process but its confusing and then i dont lose weight and i feel dssapointed. Feel free to PM me we are in the same boat. In 1 month i lost 1 kilo... thats sad!

me too. i rarely "feel full". i am not hungry most of the time. but, i am not really feeling any restriction. i can eat just as much as before i was banded. i weigh in once a month and at my last weigh in i found that i had gained 4 lbs!!!!

i have already scheduled a fill. i am trying not to go back to my old eating habits. but, without the negative feed-back of restriction, i am slipping.