So if you know me, you know that I have learned to love exercise (or most of it – cross fit I’m doing because its giving me a 6 a pack – I’m at 4 now – but I don’t quite love it yet, too painful, but want the 6...).

One of the ways that I started getting back into exercise was by sitting down and thinking about all of the old things that I use to love, like dancing, roller skating… so anyway - anyone who’s around the Bellevue area and grew up on the Eastside most likely knows about the old Skate King (the roller skating rink). I was there in 74 when they opened – love the snow ball!!

They now have adult nights on Thursday nights at 8:30 and I head out there skate on my own to get in some cardio that’s fun and its something I like.

If anyone is around and wants to join in – stop by – its great exercise and its fun! Now if you're not in the area, and you need to add in exercise - think about what you use to love and just start there - you're more likely to succeed! (So don't be afraid, I know we have some bandstars in the area)!! Come on by!

Best,

Lisa

Bellevue Skate King

2301 140th Ave NE

Bellevue, Wa 98005

Great post. The only exercise I have done is the treadmill and that is not as often as I should. I really want to be able to work myself up to running. I have never been able to run and feel good. I was a dancer growing up so things such as hip hop class jazz me up. I am also one of those who enjoys to do workout videos...even Richard Simmons haha. Hey, it is fun! lol

I had so much fun roller skating last night – never fell down once and was able to cruise after two hours. I could really feel it on my upper thigh which is what I need to work right now – trying to figure out how much I can improve my legs muscles.

For me, to really succeed at something long term, it needs to fun, I want to enjoy it and learn new things from the experience. I think that’s why I started calling this my journey and I really set up to learn from the experience and have some fun! Its life long – lets have a great time!

With the dancing AshleyMarie, you sound just like me; I started in the bedroom with tapes but then moved out into classes from belly dancing to hip hop. I have so much fun with these – they are a great way to get in cardio and do amazing things to your butte’. Also one very important part, when I had the courage to finally go out on the dance floor, after all those lessons…. I was one hot sexy grandma that could actually move (& knew the moves) out there on the dance floors. (If I can say so myself….) Really, I can now move parts of my body from belly dancing that I didn’t know I had!

Fatfreeme, you can shadow me anytime – this banded life is pretty darn fun!

Another thing that helps us, cooking classes – Whole Foods and PCCs have free cooking classes and they are fun to attend. Since we don’t eat much and I focus on eating just three meals – I use the good stuff (butter, cream – I don’t care – I’m usually fighting to get in enough calories, and yes they are organic...) And another bonus, usually after trying the food since I eat so little – there’s my meal!

Hey have some fun – this is an amazing time for us!

Lisa

(Mona, I see you - luv ya babe)

I have to add something else in, another thing we big girls do badly….

We try to hide – we don’t go out in public and won’t try new things because of our weight… Stop it, get out there – pretend your thin now and act like it – you will only hit your goals faster. Look at what thin people do and do it. I’ve said this before – wake up everyday and tell yourself you’re beautiful and love yourself. It’s amazing what happens when we get our mind and emotional thoughts in line to where we want our body to be. You’ll hit your goals faster; the mind is a powerful tool!

Be positive and get out and start living life now! You'll have so much fun!

Lisa,

I got a lose a little more weight first. I'm afraid if I fell I would break something. lol Not to mention the fact I would look like Henryetta the Hippo on skates. LOL

So if you know me, you know that I have learned to love exercise (or most of it – cross fit I’m doing because its giving me a 6 a pack – I’m at 4 now – but I don’t quite love it yet, too painful, but want the 6...).

One of the ways that I started getting back into exercise was by sitting down and thinking about all of the old things that I use to love, like dancing, roller skating… so anyway - anyone who’s around the Bellevue area and grew up on the Eastside most likely knows about the old Skate King (the roller skating rink). I was there in 74 when they opened – love the snow ball!!

They now have adult nights on Thursday nights at 8:30 and I head out there skate on my own to get in some cardio that’s fun and its something I like.

If anyone is around and wants to join in – stop by – its great exercise and its fun! Now if you're not in the area, and you need to add in exercise - think about what you use to love and just start there - you're more likely to succeed! (So don't be afraid, I know we have some bandstars in the area)!! Come on by!

Best,

Lisa

Bellevue Skate King

2301 140th Ave NE

Bellevue, Wa 98005

THAT'S NICE THEY HAVE A SESSION THAT'S LATE, GET IN A LITTLE SHOPPING UP THERE BEFORE HAND :)

ANOTHER THING THEY'VE ADDED DOWN THIS WAY IS POLE DANCING, I HAVEN'T WALKED IN THE PLACE YET, BUT IT'S ON MY LIST :o

I used to go to the Skate King on Finn Hill!!! I grew up in the Juanita area. Fun, Fun.

Roller skating is great exercise. And for those of you scared of falling, I saved one pair of jeans that were a size too big - I call them my roller skating jeans. Seriously. It's so I can get back up easily as I'm sure I'm going to fall. I use a belt so they won't fall down, but they are loose enough that when I fall, I can get back up easily. I haven't fallen yet!

The other thing someone told me the other day was weighted hula hoops. Have you ever heard of those? This girl lost 60 pounds from adding that into her exercise routine. Not to mention the great ab workout!