Cant sleep - Scared (Pains)

The last few nights.. only betweek 1am to 9am after i wake up and stand up and everything i have the most paiful lower left abdominal pain. It is so severe that it hits at 3am and i cant even use my abs to sit up as between my lower lung cage and pelvic bone on the left i have this searing pain.

I dont know what it could be, naturally i know i have to go to a dr but i am on holliday dfor 1 more week.

I am banded and this pain is entirely new to me.

When im constipated this is not the pain i have ever had so i cant think it would be that.

I did have a fill about 1.5 weeks ago of 1.5 cc and i can still eat anything pretty much like before the surgery so im pissed its not working as well as its meant to.

I can describe the pain it as similar to day one after the syrgery as in the inability to sit up etc.

In the mornings i get up and shower and eat and stuff it does start to go away but why does it come back at night? Its 3am im sitting here besides myself! Even in case its appendicitis i have drawn in perminant pen on my left area where the pain is little crosses on my tummy~

Do any nurses know what this may be?

(I know i have to see a dr but as its 3 am and im on holliday its not practicle at the moment).

Thanks guys x

The last few nights.. only betweek 1am to 9am after i wake up and stand up and everything i have the most paiful lower left abdominal pain. It is so severe that it hits at 3am and i cant even use my abs to sit up as between my lower lung cage and pelvic bone on the left i have this searing pain.

I dont know what it could be, naturally i know i have to go to a dr but i am on holliday dfor 1 more week.

I am banded and this pain is entirely new to me.

When im constipated this is not the pain i have ever had so i cant think it would be that.

I did have a fill about 1.5 weeks ago of 1.5 cc and i can still eat anything pretty much like before the surgery so im pissed its not working as well as its meant to.

I can describe the pain it as similar to day one after the syrgery as in the inability to sit up etc.

In the mornings i get up and shower and eat and stuff it does start to go away but why does it come back at night? Its 3am im sitting here besides myself! Even in case its appendicitis i have drawn in perminant pen on my left area where the pain is little crosses on my tummy~

Do any nurses know what this may be?

(I know i have to see a dr but as its 3 am and im on holliday its not practicle at the moment).

Thanks guys x

Not sure what it could be, but I had sharp stinging pain last week & it went away. I figured I irritated my port, bent the wrong way or something. Anyway, it was so intense that I did nothing. Hope you feel better soon!

Since it’s so low, this isn’t a band pain that I recognize, and its important to not that I’m not a nurse – but one post I remember was someone who put off going to the doctor because she thought the pain was something to do with her band. It wasn’t and could have gotten really serious so she put a warning out to listen to your body and get right in if you think something is wrong with you.

So if your inner voice is telling you that it’s serious, don’t put off going in, we don’t want anything to happen to you!

Take care and keep us updated!

I have been reading on google and i think thats pretty much the wrong thing to do i now have 1000 illnesses when more than likely it could just be gas or constipation. But i never had pains like that with has or constipation before the band so i dont think they would change :(

I will see if tomorrow I can see a dr or hospital. But you know what do i do as the pain goes away at day and only pops up at 3am.. ?

This must sound so silly but im really in a puddle of little tears more with worry than pain, and i think i do worry too much.

If i cant see a dr tomorrow when i get home in a week i will go to the hospital at least they deal with it all there at once and not just one test at a time.

Tomorrow if it is better feeling i will get some fibre you can buy at the shops and see if that helps..?

Everyone your so wonderful and for talking to me in this stressful .. now 3.30am.. xoxoxo

When it doubt, check it out......

I always tell the new nurses that I orient that saying. If you are concerned, it is worth a call to your primary physician. A call can't hurt and if it is something major, you will be glad that you called.

I'm going through something similar right now. Mine started as low, low back pain that hurt clean through to my front. Mine's also on my low, left side. It got to the point where it hurt to lift my left leg to get into the car. I tried heating pads and then I'd switch to ice packs on my back, it helped a little, but not enough. I took ibuprophen which took the edge off. I finally went to the doc [family doc, who know's I'm banded.] He ordered blood work and a pelvic scan, but said he thinks it's constipation. He gave me some samples of Senekot [fiber pills] and I took them everyday for a week. I feel about 80% better, but there's still a dull ache in my lower left side. [i do recommend the Senekot, they work really well without cramping like a laxative and you can buy them at Walmart.]

My labs and scan results aren't back yet, I will let you know when they are. I never had trouble with constipation until my third fill which was Feb. 19th. I've been under ALOT of stress [who isn't, huh?] so I'm hoping it's just a combo of stress and constipation. Good luck and please don't wait to get checked out. It could be very serious if your intestines twist [which is why I went to the doc.] Take care and please keep us updated. Darlene

Hi everyone,

Well on Easter Monday morning (yesterday) I went to the ER and told the dr everything! Now he dosnt know anything aout lapbands but said its good the pain is on my left and not the right means my appendics is ok. He prescribed laxatives which are yet to take effect :( I think its the pill I started recently (Estelle) thats cramoing me up?

Now guess what.. I have tonsilitis and the DR wanted to take them out on my holliday! I am interstate lol! So I said no and have antibiotics, throat numbing spray and codeine forte 30mg per pill (and the laxatives). I still feel like utter death warmed up and cant function well at all, like a walking zombie, hopefully soon I will be better! I would have thought the anticbiotics would have kicked in a little by now though :( The main thing is that i have night sweats I am boiling HOT but my body is cold and sweaty ad i drench my nightie and sheets.

Thanks for the help and care I will let you know how I go and am feeling.

Worm Butterfly.

My tests came back OK so doc thinks it was severe constipation. I will not let that happen again!

I bought some Plumsmart juice and drink 8oz a day. Hopefully that'll keep me on track!

Sure hope you're feeling a little better... keep us updated! Darlene