My sister had her lap band removed today...

She is ok I guess but has a drainage tube in her side and a tube down her nose to release gas from her stomach. She had a big hole in the stomach that had to be sewn shut. She should get an upper GI tomorrow to make sure there are no leaks and then she can come home.

So so sad for her!

She is ok I guess but has a drainage tube in her side and a tube down her nose to release gas from her stomach. She had a big hole in the stomach that had to be sewn shut. She should get an upper GI tomorrow to make sure there are no leaks and then she can come home.

So so sad for her!

AGAIN MONA, I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT IT HAD TO BE REMOVED.

ONCE MY FRIENDS CAME OUT, SHE GAINED ALL HER WEIGHT BACK, FINGERS CROSSED THAT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOUR SISSY, BUT IT'S HARD, REALLY HARD NOW TO SEE MY FRIEND. I LOVE HER TO DEATH BUT I HEAR THE DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN WE TALK. GET TOGETHER ETC. "I COULD HAVE LOST THE WEIGHT IF I WOULD'VE LISTENED"

IT'S JUST HARD :(

AGAIN MONA, I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT IT HAD TO BE REMOVED.

ONCE MY FRIENDS CAME OUT, SHE GAINED ALL HER WEIGHT BACK, FINGERS CROSSED THAT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOUR SISSY, BUT IT'S HARD, REALLY HARD NOW TO SEE MY FRIEND. I LOVE HER TO DEATH BUT I HEAR THE DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN WE TALK. GET TOGETHER ETC. "I COULD HAVE LOST THE WEIGHT IF I WOULD'VE LISTENED"

IT'S JUST HARD :(

I'm curious Pammie, did your did your sis's band slip because she overate on a regular basis? If not, what was the reason? Curious, and trying to avoid future mistakes myself of course.

Mona, so sorry to hear of this and wishing your sister a speedy recovery. I don't know when she was banded but hopefully she has learned enough of the bandster living that she will continue to focus on it as though she was still banded. You will still be a great supporter for her and you will let her see the positive in this turn of her life. God bless...

I'm curious Pammie, did your did your sis's band slip because she overate on a regular basis? If not, what was the reason? Curious, and trying to avoid future mistakes myself of course.

MY FRIEND, SHE KEPT HER BAND TO TIGHT. SHE WAS PBing EVERYDAY BUT STILL DIGGING THE FACT SHE WAS LOSING WEIGHT SO DID NOTHING TO FIX THE PROBLEM

MY SISSY HASN'T ANY PROBLEMS WITH HER BAND. WE JUST DON'T KEEP OURS THAT TIGHT AND ONLY USE IT AS A TOOL, NOT A FIX ALL