Target weight

shiney42

Who sets the target weight? And how is the number determined?

Not sure how it is determined by the OCC. Dr. Miranda told me my target weight was 180. I want to get down to atleast 160. (I think) I have never been that weight so, who knows. lol It depends on your height and body frame. Check out this site.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Not sure how it is determined by the OCC. Dr. Miranda told me my target weight was 180. I want to get down to atleast 160. (I think) I have never been that weight so, who knows. lol It depends on your height and body frame. Check out this site.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

All I was told if I had any questions about pre op diet to get in touch with her, I was told how much to pay when

to e-mail my travel arrangments over at lest 10 days before & that's it? Oh and I was told to lose 5% of my weight, and when to stop some of the meds I use.. But that was all through when I booked..............

I thought someone whould call me, but I guess not

All I was told if I had any questions about pre op diet to get in touch with her, I was told how much to pay when

to e-mail my travel arrangments over at lest 10 days before & that's it? Oh and I was told to lose 5% of my weight, and when to stop some of the meds I use.. But that was all through when I booked..............

I thought someone whould call me, but I guess not

The only thing they talk to you about is getting ready for your surgery. Once you get there, you meet with Dr. Miranda and she goes over everything, the day before my surgery I went in for all the pre-op stuff and my meeting with Dr. Miranda. This is when she told me, not over the phone. Not sure if you are doing all that the day before, or the day of. It is your choice but call Rene and go over your plans with him. If you want to talk to Dr. Miranda, call her. She is really good about emailing and returning calls. :)

I just thought the office would call to explain stuff to me... I just find it a little - I don't know, it seems rather cold,

like OK 500 bucks needs to be here in 3 days & heres you diet option & don't forget to e-mail (so & So ) with your travel arrangments at lest 10 days before...

Oh BTW if you have any questions about the diet - get in touch with Dr. Miranda

Like if I didn't come here there is NO one telling me to bring gas X, or anything

I did expect someone to call me! I did send my money, which means they are holding the date, - Maybe it's just me

I know I could e-mail any questions, BUT I would have never thought to ask about what bra I would wear or chewable( I would never thought about ) chewable gas x

I just thought the office would call to explain stuff to me... I just find it a little - I don't know, it seems rather cold,

like OK 500 bucks need to be here in 3 days & heres you diet option & don't forget to e-mail (so & So ) with your travel arrangments at lest 10 days before...

Oh BTW if you have any questions about the diet - get in touch with Dr. Miranda

Like if I didn't come here there is NO one telling me to bring gas X, or anything

I did expect someone to call me! I did send my money, which means they are holding the date, - Maybe it's just me

I know I could e-mail any questions, BUT I would have never thought to ask about what bra I would wear or chewable( I would never thought about ) chewable gas x

I wrote down questions that I had and I called and asked them. Keep in mind that is why they have this forum. I understand what you are saying, but I guess they figure people come here to get info. If it bothers you, call them and let them know. :) Did you get all the info that they email?

I wrote down questions that I had and I called and asked them. Keep in mind that is why they have this forum. I understand what you are saying, but I guess they figure people come here to get info. If it bothers you, call them and let them know. :) Did you get all the info that they email?

I got the

Pre-Operative Patient Check-list

and that's all about payments &

Calling Rene

& then

Call Dr. Miranda at least 10 days prior to surgery with pre-op diet questions 1-866-376-7849 Ext. 86 or drmiranda@obesitycontrolcenter.com (only patients with BMI over 40 and/or over 250 pounds – patients under that can just start pre-op diet per instructions in paperwork)

And 8 hour fast before

And then The after booking letter............ So I guess that's all right?

But still someone should call you with infor like the gas x - stuff, Not everyone is PC savvy. And if I didn't stumble across the topic, ...... I really never thought about chewable tablets,

This is a wonderful site & everyone helps everyone, But it should be their responsibility to make sure we know certain things before we get there....

I'm not B*tching I just think I'm going to be their patient - not yours.... Or anyone here , that I have to depend on them or myself to find things out....

I started my list today on what to pack

what I want to ask

and

what to make sure I have in the house to come home to...

• 4 months later...
What is this about wearing a special bra, gas X and chewable tablets?

One of the incisions they make is located up high, about where a bra may rub. I still don't like wearing a bra, even 6 weeks out. I bought a bra that opens in the front and that was comfortable right after surgery. It is cotton and doesn't have a lot of elasticity so it doesn't put a lot of pressure around my chest. That is what that's all about. As far as gas X goes, you get a lot of gas from the surgery and that is why they tell you to walk, walk, walk. They will come and get you out of bed once you come out of anastesia and make you walk in help release gas and prevent blood clots. These are not things specific to band surgery.

I didn't use gas x or any other product until I got home. Now that I can swallow pills, whenever I eat something that gives me gas, I prefer the gax X gel caps. They work a lot better than the strips for me. Hope that helps...

Red