I made it....100 lbs gone!

I set a goal for myself to have lost 100 lbs by my one year anniversary and I made it! I only set the goal back in February when I managed to lose about 88 lbs by my 50th birthday. These last 12 lbs were killers. I still want to lose about 20 more. But I did it AND I'm doing a mini-marathon in a couple of months. =D>

I don't know what happened all of a sudden..it's weird...my last fill was in February and for the longest time I didn't have good restriction even with now having 3.4 cc in a 4 cc band. Since then I'd have really tight days and then other days where I could eat a personal pizza and go back for more, but didn't. I even scheduled another fill back in March and then cancelled it because I didn't feel like I needed it when the day arrived. This last week, I've had a hell of a time keeping food down. I don't feel sick, but I have thrown up practically every solid food meal starting with Saturday. I had a small piece of rib eye steak and spinach. I don't know if it was the steak (I'm starting to think I truly cannot tolerate any kind of steak) or if it was the frozen spinach. After bringing up the steak and spinach, I continued to bring up slime for a few hours. It got to the point that my throat was actually burning I guess from the acid. Tonight was no different, one tiny piece of meat and a scrambled egg and guess what...it made a return appearance. :( I couldn't even get down any veggies. I've had a fill scheduled for this Thursday for the last 2 weeks...but I'm thinking I don't need it. It feels like after one solid year, I finally have hit the sweet spot I read about.

I don't post much, I love to read about everyone else's journey, but I just had to post my news. I'm so excited!

You deserve to be excited! I’m excited for you too!! Congrats!! You made it to the 100 pound club! Awesome job!! And in one year at that!

I didn’t hit 100 in a year, you’re one of the best so enjoy this time! Isn’t amazing how fast it goes by and how much we were able to change who we were in such a short time. Incredible!

You know, many of us hit that tightning you’re talking about and I’m not too sure if it’s the sweet spot – all of a sudden you tighten up and can’t eat too much. I could only sustain it for a little while, but sometimes if you continue to lose the weight the band will loosen up. Just watch it so you don't get in the habit of not being able to eat good for you food, or not being able to eat all together and focusing on liquids. (And I hit that before and luckily I hit my goal weight at the same time and went in and removed much of my fill). Even to this day I sometimes get this weird tightning that lasts for a while. (I’m actually contemplating removing everything from my fill at this time). I don't know why I don't do it - just fear I guess, it’s been with me for so long. So I'd wait on that next fill and hope you actually loosen up a bit.

Congrats again and you’ll hit your other goal of the other 20 pounds in no time!

All the best, thank you so much for sharing your success with us!

Lisa

Thank you so much for sharing this. I love to hear from the 'older' bandsters to see how they are doing and such and to hear your story of how much you've lost and you are maintaining it well AND reaching your own personal goal! That is AWESOME! This is what I needed right now...as I am losing slowly but this is what my body is saying we are plateauing a bit so I can catch up with the lost!!

I bet you FEEL wonderful AND you should be PROUD of yourself ~ I am!! G'luck with the remaining 20 lbs...you will succeed in no time. Jazzy!!

Congratulations on 100 pounds in a year, what is certainly something to be proud of!

I am not sure that throwing up every day should be considered a sign of having reached your sweet spot. It is obvious that you have reached it, but maybe you are a little bit over it. A slight unfill of just .1cc could alleviate the throwing up issue and still allow you to continue to lose weight. I would suggest keeping your appointment on Thursday and discussing it with your doctor. The last thing you want it be depriving your body of the things it truely needs to function and keep you healthy.

WOW!!!! 100 lbs you should be so very proud!!!! Great job and please continue to drop in now and again and let us know about your progress!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((bjansert))))))))))))))))))))

It's so wonderful to hear of your success. I haven't had my surgery yet. Your post has me inspired. I'm worried about you mentioning you've had difficulty eating. Are you feeling better?