Had my 1st fill yesterday

I have a 4cc band (from OCC) ... and the nurse here in Toronto insisted in only doing 1cc, which I was fine with.

I've been feeling restricted since getting the band, with nothing in it. Nothing severe, but enough to keep me focused when it comes to eating.

So I figured 1cc would be perfect to start with.

But after reading a few threads, I've realized that maybe I should have asked for 1.5cc's?

I'm just curious how everyone felt after there first fill.

I'm liquids for another couple of days, so I can't really tell what the difference is.

It's taken me a few hours to get my usual non-sweetened iced coffee down, so I'm assuming there's somethin' going on down there.

And I had bad gas (it was the dogs, if anyone asks ;) last night.

LOL.

So.

How much was your first fill?

And how did you feel?

I suppose going small is better, then I can go back in 6 weeks for more if I need it.

I'd rather have too little than too much all of a sudden!

I say thats a good amount. I didnt really have to much restriction the first time around, but i am going for my second fill tonight at 5. I did have some problems with being to tight at 1.6cc and I was dropped down to 1.4cc's, i ahve later found out that I wasnt to tight I was eating the wrong foods. So I feel that I have wasted the past few weeks with no restriction, I hope to finally have some good restriction after tonight, I hear though that it takes until your third or so fill until you have good restriciton I suggest starting slow, and work your way up. Learn what foods work for you and which ones dont, it is NO fun getting food stuck, it is very painful.

Jenelle

awesome, thanks Jenelle!! :)

>:D<I had my first fill last Saturday. Only 1.2. I too, like you had restriction even before I had anything in the bad. Howver, I now wish I would have insisted on more. I feel a bit of a difference, but not enough. OCC, Dr. Acosta didn't tell me to do liquids only so I'm eating and I just wish I would have had more.

I'm still having issues picking 'good' food choices.

I'd rather go small, than go too far -- and wonder why I'm still eating like shit, and not exercising regularly.

I keep saying to myself, 'the band is only a tool'.

I need to concentrate on my diet.

Then the band.

I know what you mean, im not making bad choices in the sense of eating chocolate, chips, and fast food but I am eating a lot of carbs, and easy to acces foods, like lean cusine and soups. I should be eating more veggies and meat. Not so much canned things. Its hard to cook such a small meal for one person so I tend to over eat.

Im with you focus on the diet, and exercise not so much the band! I almost have to forget that I even have a band, in a sense.

J

you guys arent alone. " Hi, my name is CanadianBandster and Im a chocolaholic" and I am NOT kidding. I bet Id be at goal if it werent for my bad habit. I do good if I have a 100 calorie bar a day, but I need to go buy some cuz I turn into a chocolate pig when I dont have my little fix....its that bad. Sad I know.

I feel I have hit my sweet spot for now. So I am hoping to hit goal next month. Dont worry guys - I have to say its just a tool all the time too...and I have to push myself to do any activity. Ill do awesome for awhile then be a slack ass.

I have a 4cc band (from OCC) ... and the nurse here in Toronto insisted in only doing 1cc, which I was fine with.

I've been feeling restricted since getting the band, with nothing in it. Nothing severe, but enough to keep me focused when it comes to eating.

So I figured 1cc would be perfect to start with.

But after reading a few threads, I've realized that maybe I should have asked for 1.5cc's?

I'm just curious how everyone felt after there first fill.

I'm liquids for another couple of days, so I can't really tell what the difference is.

It's taken me a few hours to get my usual non-sweetened iced coffee down, so I'm assuming there's somethin' going on down there.

And I had bad gas (it was the dogs, if anyone asks ;) last night.

LOL.

So.

How much was your first fill?

And how did you feel?

I suppose going small is better, then I can go back in 6 weeks for more if I need it.

I'd rather have too little than too much all of a sudden!

AS YOU KNOW, EVERYONE DIFFERENT AND IF YOU HAD SOME RESTRICTION BEFORE THIS FILL JUST FROM BEING BANDED, I'D SAY THEY MADE A GOOD CALL. SLOW AND EASY. YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE MORE ADDED LATER. THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF THIS TOOL