To unfill or not?

I am questioning on if I need an unfill. I had my 3rd fill 2 weeks ago and was tight all week. I was able to eat but could feel the tightness. Last week was my period and I was EXTREMELY tight. Yesterday I pb'd 2x. Once in the morning on sausage gravy. (I am normally tight in the mornings and can't eat till lunch. I knew better but it was Mother's Day) For lunch I had an Atkins Shake and it took 1 hour to get it down. Then I had some French Onion Soup for dinner that had cheese on it. I pb'd again. This is my 3rd time pbing ever!

WOW! You look Amazing!

I have always heard that it is not good to be that tight. I am tight in the moring until around 10 and then I can eat a protein bar. I do drink a protein shake for breakfast every morning. If you are pbing you should maybe try different types of foods that you are eating, however if it is taking you an hour to drink a shake at lunch, I think you might be a little tight. Dr. Miranda told me that tight does not always mean good, it could lead to problems with your band such as band slippage or stretching your pouch.

Good Luck!

Carrie

I am questioning on if I need an unfill. I had my 3rd fill 2 weeks ago and was tight all week. I was able to eat but could feel the tightness. Last week was my period and I was EXTREMELY tight. Yesterday I pb'd 2x. Once in the morning on sausage gravy. (I am normally tight in the mornings and can't eat till lunch. I knew better but it was Mother's Day) For lunch I had an Atkins Shake and it took 1 hour to get it down. Then I had some French Onion Soup for dinner that had cheese on it. I pb'd again. This is my 3rd time pbing ever!

Are you able to get an unfill easily? First, go on all liquids don't try to eat anything. My new fill doc recommends going on Prilosec if you are too tight and give it a couple days. The OCC says if you are too tight for 1 week then get an unfill (unless you can't keep liquids down, then get one immediately). I have had this happen twice and it didn't improve on its own, so I did get unfills. Some people do loosen up. I would call the OCC if you are in doubt or your fill doc and see what they think. I let my tightness go on for a month and it was not pretty. I could have done damage to myself. I hope you feel better soon!

Karen

Hi

I would go onto total liquids for a couple of days as you probably have irritated the band.

If this doesn't help PLEASE get an unfill. A little unfill saves alot of problems trust me.

Good luck.

Carrie, thanks for the compliments. I pb'd on gravy and soup, it's not like it was solid food. It took me an hour to drink the shake because I was swollen due to the pb'ing. It usually never takes that long for me to have a shake. Thanks for the comments.

Karen and Nicole,

Thanks for chiming in. I really needed to hear from you two that have been through this. I knew I would be tight the first week after the fill and then during my period. It is easy for me to get to OCC to unfill. I will try the liquids and I have a call into the OCC as well.

Thanks ladies!