Carbonated drinks after 6 months?

Hi everyone, hoping I could get some feed back on this, OCC said we could

drink carbonated beverages 6 months after surgery. I will be in June and would love

to hear about everyones thoughts or experiences. For alot of us I know it is a huge

accomplishment to have gone this far without a soda ect..

But I have been craving a glass of champagne, and want to get

some advice before.

Hi everyone, hoping I could get some feed back on this, OCC said we could

drink carbonated beverages 6 months after surgery. I will be in June and would love

to hear about everyones thoughts or experiences. For alot of us I know it is a huge

accomplishment to have gone this far without a soda ect..

But I have been craving a glass of champagne, and want to get

some advice before.

JUST TAKE IT EASY THE FIRST FEW GLASSES, SIP :)

At first no soda was easy peasy! Lately I have been craving a Diet Pepsi more than anything! I am hesitant to even try drinking one again even after 6 months just because I don't want to get addicted again! I am hoping I can resist temptation, my goal is to go 1 year without soda!

I am the same with Samantha...I, too, am hesitant to try for fear of either the gas bubbles would be too much for me and start to feel bloated or get me started on drinking it. Right now, I've been soda free since Sept of last year and I don't miss it a bit! I've other drinks that are satisfying me than to want the sugary bubbly.

I had surgery in August of last year and I've had about maybe five sodas since February. For me, they're sometimes uncomfortable to drink now because of the carbonation. It makes me feel super bloated. If I sip one, I'm usually okay. It's weird, I generally don't order anything to drink anymore when I'm out and about so, it's really easy to not drink soda or my calories in general. I do like a nice glass of orange juice once in awhile--it's a nice change up from water/coffe/crystal light for me.

I had surgery in August of last year and I've had about maybe five sodas since February. For me, they're sometimes uncomfortable to drink now because of the carbonation. It makes me feel super bloated. If I sip one, I'm usually okay. It's weird, I generally don't order anything to drink anymore when I'm out and about so, it's really easy to not drink soda or my calories in general. I do like a nice glass of orange juice once in awhile--it's a nice change up from water/coffe/crystal light for me.

They say carbonated drinks may stretch your pouch. Would it be safe after 6 months ?

MMMMMM........BEER! :drinks: I would do anything for a beer. I miss it a lot but maybe one HOT summer day I might have a slip of one or maybe two. For me I am trying my best to stay away from anything carbonated, I was never a big pop drinker but I do LOVE beer.

Jenelle

They say carbonated drinks may stretch your pouch. Would it be safe after 6 months ?

I was told moderation after the six month mark--before six months, I did not have any soda. I had everything checked out in February, and nope, no stretched pouch. And five sodas in four months ain't going to do much except maybe make you gassy.

MMMMMM........BEER! :drinks: I would do anything for a beer. I miss it a lot but maybe one HOT summer day I might have a slip of one or maybe two. For me I am trying my best to stay away from anything carbonated, I was never a big pop drinker but I do LOVE beer.

Jenelle

Too funny same here! I am fine without the pop, but might have a beer here and there. I miss it so much the other day my brother had one and i asked him if I could smell it! :D I'm accustomed to wine now and fine with it, but this summer at a ball game a beer would sure be nice! Although i'd like to try it out at home first in case it makes me sick. But beer will be few and far between for me. I haven't tried pop, but I know once I went pop free for about 6 months and then when I tried it again it tasted like crap.

I tried a soda and a beer. I was disappointed with both, it is not the same. I dont think I will do it again. It made me feel gross and I just did not enjoy it like I used too. Kinda a bummer. But I think I still like whiskey, havent tried that in a while, may check that out again. I loved my whiskey sours. Maybe one a month, got to watch the calories, those are a killer on calories.

Well I love Coke, Not diet Coke , But Coke, Vanilla Coke too. So I'm totally screwed! I've been drinking Lite Ice Tea to try and break away from Coke....I won't cheat - But I'm glad I'm reading this thread --- LOL.

I hate the taste of fake sugar And anything Diet, So I'm in for a rude awakening <_<

I'll make it