Has anyone just gone home the same day of surgery?

Hey Everyone! I don't really want to stay in Tijuana after my surgery on Friday, May 29th because I am going alone so I'll get there early morning so can anyone tell me if they have done this? Thanks guys!

Lea

Hey Everyone! I don't really want to stay in Tijuana after my surgery on Friday, May 29th because I am going alone so I'll get there early morning so can anyone tell me if they have done this? Thanks guys!

Lea

You do want to stay the first night at OCC. I would think if you wanted to not spend the next night at the hotel that would be up to you and the Dr, depending on where you live and how far you have to travel. I was considered a "local" living only 1 hour from the border so I did go home the next day knowing if there were any difficulties I could come right back. Discuss your concern with them.

Hi

I also went alone for my surgery and ended up making friends with my fellow bandsters.

We hung out together the whole time we were there.

See how you feel after the surgery before making that decision.

Good luck

Lea

I KNOW SEVERAL HAVE GONE BACK TO THE HOTEL AFTER RECOVERING A FEW HOURS AT THE OCC. IF YOU LIVE CLOSE, ARE ONE OF THE FIRST SURGERIES OF THE DAY, EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD, THEN ASK :)

Hi There!

I drove up from Santa Barbara on Wednesday Night and was picked up at the Border Parking at 8:30pm. Yes we crossed at night time! I was with My Husband (who speaks Spanish) and 5 year old. The driver from the OCC was on time and drove us to the Marriott about 15 miles past the Border. My Husband and I went out to eat at a Taco stand after we checked in, and took a Taxi to Mcdonalds so my 5 year old could eat. Then took a Taxi back to the Marriott (its about 10pm now) and settled in for the night. The next morning (Thursday) I met with other patients in the Lobby at 7am. The Marriott shuttle drove us all to the OCC. By Noon I was on the operating table. I awoke about 2ish. Had a Popcicle a little water and was anxious to meet with my Husband and child at the Hotel. The Shuttle took us back to the Marriott around 5pm. I felt great! Amazing! When I met up with my Family we took a Taxi to Revolucion Ave. I was feeling so great I told my Husband lets Check out and head home. The OCC needs 4 hours to arrange for the driver so we took a Taxi to the Border and walked across. The taxi was $6! I got back to Santa Barbara at 11pm. I have been to Baja several times, I know TJ has a really bad Reputation its a poor area with alot of crime. But I never felt unsafe this trip at all. Everyone at the OCC is professional and organized. I can't say enough positive things about my experience! I would do it again in a heartbeat! Good luck to all!

Lisa

Height 5'6

Wt:196lbs 5/21/09

Wt:189.9 5/24/09

It's wonderful to stay. I loved staying at the clinic & then I stood 2 days after, I flew down by myself, met some of the woman, went shopping with Tracey and when she left & I still had a day by myself, I loved just relaxing and taken it easy. Plus I ran to Cosmed for some botox..... :D You want to stay at the clinic for sure, it's great, and the Marriott is so clean & service is nice. I can’t wait to go back, It’s gonna be my home away from home

(((((((((((((((((((((Lea)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs. Congrats on deciding on lapband and I OCC. I was banded on Friday and I got home a few hours ago. I considered another surgeon originally, one that would have discharged me a few hours after surgery and then for other reasons I switched to the OCC. I know this will sound strange but spending the night at the OCC was fun.

First of all, your room is painted/decorated in what I like to call "Starbucks" colors. Browns, beiges, and creams. Very relaxing. Your room will have a water fountain and when you enter your room, new age music is piped in (via direct TV). You also have access to dozens of movie channels...all of them, hbo, encore...you name it, it's there.

You'll get to meet others who have just had their surgeries as well. There is a little area with common computers so if you're in the mood to hang out and chat you can and if not you can just rest in your room.

Around 9 pm they'll give you a sleeping pill so you can get a good nights rest.

:)

xo

I'm a fusspot with most of everything. OCC was the best! I did have some discomfort with gas(still am) in the middle of the night. Tho you feel great at certain points There’s No telling if ya just may have some discomfort through the night, & if ya did It’s even better knowing that there is someone there to give you a hand. The nurses were great & very caring, Tho - I just had a bit of discomfort & it wasn't like I couldn't handle it OCC makes it such a Pleasurable experience, that it's worth staying whether you have discomfort or not, I’d stay in a heartbeat again