Is info enough?

Vanessa

My names Vanessa and I am having my first appt at Childrens Hospital on Nov 27th. Even though I'm just now preparing to have the surgery I have been planning and researching for 2 years. Despite this I still feel completely unprepared for this life changing decision. So my question is does the amount of research and knowledge count towards your readiness for the surgery?

Interesting...Very Interesting.

Vanessa

My names Vanessa and I am having my first appt at Childrens Hospital on Nov 27th. Even though I'm just now preparing to have the surgery I have been planning and researching for 2 years. Despite this I still feel completely unprepared for this life changing decision. So my question is does the amount of research and knowledge count towards your readiness for the surgery?

Interesting...Very Interesting.

Vanessa

Hey Vanessa!

I have one thing to say JUST DO IT!!

TRUST ME!!! It will be the most wonderful thing you have done for yourself.

before i got my sugury, i reseached with my mom for a couple months, we were a little septical at first, because i had to get it in Mexico.

But after i talked to the doctors, and talked to the first teenager who got the surgury, i just did it.

and to tell you the truth, if i had to i would do it all over again!

I cant even explain to you how much this makes you feel better as a person.

It has changed me, to be the happy outgoing person i am today.

Just Do it Vanessa, what do you have to lose except pounds

you wont regret it, i promise

Cassie

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Cassie! I was 15 when i had mine done. i was always depressed and i hated myself for letting myself get that big. I am so happy now. im more outgoing and its wonderful. Me and my mom researched everything. And the week before my surgery i think taht i went through the OCC website about a million times just because i was so nervous. Its hard im not going to lie but it was worth every bit of energy that i used to get to where i am today.

GOOD LUCK

Orr