Have I slipped? Sorry, this is quite long!

emmasmom60

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in May 2007 (the 23rd) and I have had it filled to 1.5 ccs with pretty good restriction. I am guilty of overeating on occasion, and I have issues with foods like whole wheat pasta and veggies getting stuck on occasion (never ice cream!). Anyway, in the last 4 to 5 weeks I had developed some right upper quadrant abdo pain (really far right - over top of my liver). The pain was mild and I didn't have any other symptoms, and there were some other things going on for me at the time (I have Raynaud's and I was having unusual changes in the circulation to my fingers). So, I went to my GP and because of the circulation issues and some subsequent bloodwork, he was wondering whether it had something to do with connective tissue disorders. So he changed some of my antihypertensives and made a referral to a rheumatologist. In the meantime, my pain has continued and it has moved so that it is a bit more central, and I started having trouble with some reflux, so I started to wonder whether my band had slipped. I removed the fluid from my band earlier this week to see if that would improve things, but so far that hasn't happened. Should I be trying to get an xray and barium swallow do you suppose?

Thanks,

Laura Wilson

250-386-8458

I sure would get the xray to see where your band is. It's somewhat odd your pain is on the right side but pain can refer to another area. I've had to have my band completely unfilled as well. I am at the point now of going to see if it needs to be removed as I have constant pain on my left side over the band area. I have fibromyalgia which in part can be considered an inflammatory condition. I wonder if with these types of conditions if our bodies some how response with inflammation and sort of "reject" the band? Just a thought.

Sorry to hear your situation. Know that you are not alone in struggling to keep what we so wanted and needed. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Your situation sounds serious with the pain over the band area

did you have to have band removed?

I hope not but if yes, how long were you at the OCC?

what was the cost? how are you now??

so many that worry this could happen have these questions.