post op weight lost

klymatica

hi everyone!!

I was banded by dr. ortiz on 5/21 on 5/29 I weighed my self I was 280 when I was weighed pre surgery now I am at 265 after surgery with pre surgery weight loss I am down 40 lbs however I weighed my self this week 6/5 and I only lost 2 lbs I been eating creamy soups (clam chowder cream of potato) smoothies and fat free soy iced coffees (soy for the protien) my mom says I am eating too much creamy soups and I need to go back to broth and gatorade she now thinks I am not losing enough and I am eating things I am not suppose to is this normal or am I really being bad?

hi everyone!!

I was banded by dr. ortiz on 5/21 on 5/29 I weighed my self I was 280 when I was weighed pre surgery now I am at 265 after surgery with pre surgery weight loss I am down 40 lbs however I weighed my self this week 6/5 and I only lost 2 lbs I been eating creamy soups (clam chowder cream of potato) smoothies and fat free soy iced coffees (soy for the protien) my mom says I am eating too much creamy soups and I need to go back to broth and gatorade she now thinks I am not losing enough and I am eating things I am not suppose to is this normal or am I really being bad?

Hi,

Did I meet you and your mom on the way home from the airport? I was banded on 5/20. You have an amazing weight loss. I am only down 25 pounds and 10 of this is after surgery. I think that you may be leveling off and once you begin solid food you will again see a difference.

Les from Oregon

Hi,

Did I meet you and your mom on the way home from the airport? I was banded on 5/20. You have an amazing weight loss. I am only down 25 pounds and 10 of this is after surgery. I think that you may be leveling off and once you begin solid food you will again see a difference.

Les from Oregon

hey lesles

yeah we met on the ride back to the airport your sister had the cig contraband LOL but thanks for the reassurance I cant wait to eat solid foods and I was just second guessing myself I thought I was in a plateau but just wanted another opinion

hey lesles

yeah we met on the ride back to the airport your sister had the cig contraband LOL but thanks for the reassurance I cant wait to eat solid foods and I was just second guessing myself I thought I was in a plateau but just wanted another opinion

I'm 17 days post op and lost 10.5 5 on pre - diet, so You're doing good No wonderfuL!!! You don't want to get sick! Before I got band- I figured I'd shoot for 18 - 20 pound by my first fill - and anything above that is icing on the cake. I just didn't know what to expect, So I thought losing 18 pounds for the start was great for me.... I couldn't get 2 pounds off before...

I only lost 7lbs from surgery to my first fill and my fill dr said that was great. He told me many people gain during that time. You shouldn't be counting calories during that time and should drink quite a bit and keep yourself hydrated and getting nutrients in you. This time is for healing not weight loss and if you do lose then great that is just gravy.

Good luck!

If you're worried about fat content in your creamy soups, try making them yourself. There are some great recipes on the net that are low fat or fat-free and still taste great! I LOVE pea soup and make it with nothing but carrots, celery, onion, broth and peas. It is so filling and so healthy! Here's what I do...

Spray a soup pot with non-fat cooking spray and sautee diced onions, carrots, celery until soft

add water and dried split-peas and bring to a boil (I flavor with my favorite chicken or veggie stock)

Bring to a rolling boil then simmer for an hour.

Transfer to blender and puree to get any lumps out.

That's it!

Sabrina:)

I love the receipt (sp) ideas. We should really do some more sharing in the way of how to ad flavor to the liquid/ mussie stage. LOL :) since this is where alot of weightloss comes from.

Personally, everything I ever knew in cooking was wrong. Then I went total opposit and cooked all healthy and tasteless. there has to be a happy medium.

PLEASE HELP