Should I limit the amount of water and clear liquids 5 days post-op?

HollyCali

Hello- I had my lap-band on 6/5. Should I limit the amount of clear liquids during this time? Will it stretch my band if I drink too much? I like to drink a lot of water and have only consumed broth, vitamin water, and popcicles since the surgery. I am soooooooooooo hungry btw- any tips or suggestions for me? Thanks!

Holly

Hello- I had my lap-band on 6/5. Should I limit the amount of clear liquids during this time? Will it stretch my band if I drink too much? I like to drink a lot of water and have only consumed broth, vitamin water, and popcicles since the surgery. I am soooooooooooo hungry btw- any tips or suggestions for me? Thanks!

Holly

You can have as many clear liquids as you want. I had a lot of otter pops too.

To stretch your pouch I was told you would have to sit there and chug water pretty fast. So before you have several fills as long as you are sipping and not chugging you will be just fine. Drink up!!!!

As liquids goes through so quickly, there isn't a chance for you to stretch your pouch. BUT, I needed to learn to eat/drink right, so I made it a rule of mine to drink a 1/2 cup of liquids at one time. If I am still thirsty/hungry, then I would pour another 1/2 cup. During the clear liquids and creamy soup stage, you can have as much as you want throughout the day, but portion control it to 1/2 cup at a time. Take the time to 'enjoy' what you are eating/drinking. Don't be in a rush and really taste what you are eating/drinking. This helps us to slow down and have healthier eating habits.

As far as the hunger pangs goes...continue with the Metamucil capsules or the chewable Fiber Choice (for Weight Management). Take one at 10am and one at 3;m. Be consistent in taking them regularly every day and you will notice you are not as hungry. Also, try protein powder in your coffee, hot cocoa, tea. I like these instead of creamers.

Hope this helps you...Good Luck! Jazzy!!

Holly

dont worry about drinking too much water. it is good to get 6-8 8 oz classes a day! 64 oz of water is alot of water and for me a major challenge to get it all in. BUT BE CAREFUL with how much you drink at a time. at first use a 1/2 cup mesuring cup to drink out of. Guzzelling lots of water all at once is where you can risk the stretching. Drink lots of water just not fast. You can make it thru ... promise

Also, try protein powder in your coffee, hot cocoa, tea. I like these instead of creamers.
Oh my gosh! Protein powder instead of creamers...what an *excellent* idea! I'd have NEVER thought of that, JazzyJude! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Yummmm...I just happen to have some Chocolate Caramel flavor protein powder, too!

Oh my gosh! Protein powder instead of creamers...what an *excellent* idea! I'd have NEVER thought of that, JazzyJude! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Yummmm...I just happen to have some Chocolate Caramel flavor protein powder, too!

I love my "protein coffee" in the morning. I still drink it 10 months out every day. And with one scoop you get 26 grams. Pretty good and it really does replace the vanilla creamer. I tried it with the chocolate and don't care for it as much. How was it with the chocolate caramel?

I love my "protein coffee" in the morning. I still drink it 10 months out every day. And with one scoop you get 26 grams. Pretty good and it really does replace the vanilla creamer. I tried it with the chocolate and don't care for it as much. How was it with the chocolate caramel?
Hi, AngelaAnn!!

I haven't tried it yet...my surgery isn't til next Thursday, so I should be able to let you know how yummy it is in about ten days or so!

Hugs!