Had to get completly unfilled

Hello fellow lapbanders!

I havent posted in quite a while. Mostly because I have been sooooo sick with so called morning sickness (24/7). I am 3 1/2 months pregnant and my doctor was concerned that the baby may get in trouble since I havent been able to keep ANYTHING down for the past 2 months. So, she sent me to the bariatric surgeon at my medical grp and he completly unfilled me yesterday. OH MY GOODNESS, I can eat! I am freaking out. I have NO restriction with food going down. But, I do feel full after I eat. I am SOOO scared I am going to gain my weight back. I know its important to gain wt for the baby... BUT, come on, I can eat! ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello fellow lapbanders!

I havent posted in quite a while. Mostly because I have been sooooo sick with so called morning sickness (24/7). I am 3 1/2 months pregnant and my doctor was concerned that the baby may get in trouble since I havent been able to keep ANYTHING down for the past 2 months. So, she sent me to the bariatric surgeon at my medical grp and he completly unfilled me yesterday. OH MY GOODNESS, I can eat! I am freaking out. I have NO restriction with food going down. But, I do feel full after I eat. I am SOOO scared I am going to gain my weight back. I know its important to gain wt for the baby... BUT, come on, I can eat! ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

you are the first person I have heard of (pregnant) who has had to have a complete unfill. Be Safe.

if the morning sickness is that bad, you do NOT want to slip your band. You have not lost your 'bandster" habits, now is the time to kick them into high gear and eat healthy. Since you have been so sick, think of eggs in the morning (high protein) and make yourself a light chicken salad in the afternoons (more protein).

*debone a roasted chicken from costco - chop well

*chop a tomato

*couple tablespoons of Pesto (optional)

*couple tablespoons of either nonfat plain yogurt (or for flavor - light mayonnaise)

*chopped walnuts

*alfalfa sprouts (or broccoli sprouts)

This is all bland enough that I was able to keep it down when I was sick with my 1st child - the key is high protein but bland, bland, bland

EAT saltines if you cannot eat the above, but first and foremost, you will be okay and think positive!

I agree with Lisa. The most important thing right now is the baby and youre health. After you have the baby you can have youre band filled again and get back on track, plus have youre beautiful bonddle of joy. Congrats and blessings.

Hey,

I am sorry you had to get unfilled. I was reading in a magazine the other day about how most women overeat WAY too much when pregnant, that you should only be eating an extra 300 calories a day for the baby, not really "eating for two" like most think and a normal weight woman should gain 25 pounds, an underweight woman should gain about 25-30 and an overweight woman should only gain about 15 pounds so BE CAREFUL about indulging too much!!!! It will make it that much harder to get the weight back off once you have the baby. I am sure you will do just fine, you have been diciplined with your band on how to eat and you dont want to risk the baby's health by not keeping food down, so the unfill was probably best. You will be fine!!!! :)

You can eat, and you should eat, but you should not overeat. Pay careful attention to when you are satisfied, not necessarily full, but satisfied. Make sure you are staying on top of your protein and calcium (milk has 8 grams protein per cup). Focus on the small bites and chewing well even though you may not need to because of the unfill. Better to maintain your band habits than to have to go back and relearn them after the bundle of joy arrives.

Just think how much more energy you will have to raise this baby because of the positive lifestyle changes you have made and will continue to make!

Sarah, CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! HOW EXCITING FOR YOU. BEING PREGNANT AND HAVING BABIES WERE SOME OF THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE. THE YEARS FLY BY, MAY YOU TAKE EACH DAY AND SAVOR THE MOMENTS WITH JOY!

YOU WILL DO FINE WITH YOUR WEIGHT WITH ALL THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY LEARNED ABOUT EATING. DO NOT LET THE MENTAL HUNGER TAKE OVER AT THIS TIME.

GOD BLESS, ANNE :lb21: