Preparing for an adjustment fill.

Luanne

I've read about levels of restriction varying during the day. Tight in the morning and less at night. Is it true that one of the reasons we are tighter in the morning is because of water retention? This can really affect a fill because if you go in the morning and are tight already what happens is you feel as tho you are restricted only to find out later in the day your not. Its a lot of time, money and effort for these adjustments. Is it O.K. to take a water pill before so you can rid yourself of the water retention to get a more accurate adjustment?

Please help as I am scheduled for Sat. Morning and told to not have anything to eat or drink.

Thank you,

Luanne

Hi Luanne

Just remember the next day you maybe too tight if you take the pill as it will give you a false reading so to speak.

Unless you are going to take water pills everyday I would go as you are.

I would hate for you to have an unfill because you were too tight.

It seems to be speculated alot that "water weight" or what have you is worse in the morning. I always weigh myself in the morning specifically because I think I have less water retention in the a.m. I think it is something more on the line of how our eyes work in the morning. You know, they are hard to get open and focused at first, just because they've been closed (or unused) all night. I think it is the same with my stomach--it hasn't had to deal with me swallowing anything for 8 hours, and needs to wake up also. It seems to respond well to my first hot cup of coffee (as do my eyes -- haha).