Cant stress it more...

I had my fill today at the OCC... my first. 2cc in. I was waiting in the lobby and a pt was there getting her 3rd fill. Instead she had an unfill because she had stretched her pouch above her band. She was upset because she had traveled so far to get her fill to only find out she was getting a little unfill. If this was not done under fleuorscopy... she could continue on with problems and never know it. So when in doubt... get fleuro. I wont have it any other way.

Also... traveling across the border was simple. I parked for 5$, got a cab there 5$ and the cab back 5$. I also went alone so if anyone is ever interested in sharing a cab... I'm here.

Sometimes some people don't have a choice, The place I'm going to wants to charge 300 Xtra for fluoro plus the 175 for the adjustment................ I think I got it covered since I plan on going back & forth to OCC in between being filled with out fluoro...

But I would tink it's important to to have Fluoro

Same here it is $350 for flouro and a 3 hour drive. So I just have to hope for the best. I get my fills less then 20 minutes from my house and I pray everything is ok. I plan to go back to OCC in Sept if I can get the money together. So far I have had a mri and cat scan on my lungs and liver and they saw the band and said it looked ok so I will trust in that for now. I go for my lung results in a week so I will have him print out the photo for me just so I can see for sure, guess there is more than one way to get it check out. Hopefully it would show an issue.

I understand.

but..... I look at it like this, if I spent over 7000 for the band to be placed only to have the pouch stretch and only potentially losing 1/2 my desired wt because i didnt pay to get fleuro because the Dr was taking a blind guess... that would not sit well with me. That is why I cant stress more to get it done if one can. If the pt I met Friday had not had fleuro done then she would have more stretching not even knowing... she may still be losing wt but later on would wonder why she was at a stand still not losing only to discover her pouch was stretched and needed surgical revision and possible wt gain due to the band being removed or an unfill.... all so not worth it to me. Save the money... wait longer in between fills to get the fleuro done...baby the band.

I have only been banded for about 2 months. Having a blind fill seems so dangerous (almost like it shouldn't be allowed) We have a foreign body inside us there are too many what ifs... I paid for restriction I want to see it! If I hit traffic my fill could be over three hours+. I have heard the term "sneaking up to restriction" What is that!!! CRAZY.

Really any health care provider could do blind fills all you need is a sterile field and the right needle. Blind fills require very little skill. (the new lets increase our income a bit, 0.1cc at a time )

The Fill Center by me Doesn't even offer Fluoro... And the Long Island Bariatric

Center closest to me charges 300 so that brings it to 675 for the first visit. I'm spending less then that much for my first fill @ OCC, which is 279 +(AIRFARE) 300= 579. I'm simply not spending over $1200 for 2 fills, I have other needs too.. And I don't plan on waiting longer in between fills, I don't see the logic to that, I will be very watchful of how I treat my band( Baby the Band) I guess 2 each is own.... I'll be back & forth to OCC My first fill will be @ OCC my second won't hence NO fluoro, But I plan on going back to OCC again for the end of Aug ....

I understand and thank everyone for posting on this thread, It's great to hear how everyone thinks......... Some things are easier for other and some just what different..... And some don't have much of a choice ....... it's all Good =D>

The Fill Center by me Doesn't even offer Fluoro... And the Long Island Bariatric

Center closest to me charges 300 so that brings it to 675 for the first visit. I'm spending less then that much for my first fill @ OCC, which is 279 +(AIRFARE) 300= 579. I'm simply not spending over $1200 for 2 fills, I have other needs too.. And I don't plan on waiting longer in between fills, I don't see the logic to that, I will be very watchful of how I treat my band( Baby the Band) I guess 2 each is own.... I'll be back & forth to OCC My first fill will be @ OCC my second won't hence NO fluoro, But I plan on going back to OCC again for the end of Aug ....

I understand and thank everyone for posting on this thread, It's great to hear how everyone thinks......... Some things are easier for other and some just what different..... And some don't have much of a choice ....... it's all Good =D>

Awesome that you are able to go to the OCC and save.

In the end you can save getting 2 or 3 fills with fleuroscopy than paying for many little blind fills. Not to mention the increased health risks. Everyone has a choice.

I understand.

but..... I look at it like this, if I spent over 7000 for the band to be placed only to have the pouch stretch and only potentially losing 1/2 my desired wt because i didnt pay to get fleuro because the Dr was taking a blind guess... that would not sit well with me. That is why I cant stress more to get it done if one can. If the pt I met Friday had not had fleuro done then she would have more stretching not even knowing... she may still be losing wt but later on would wonder why she was at a stand still not losing only to discover her pouch was stretched and needed surgical revision and possible wt gain due to the band being removed or an unfill.... all so not worth it to me. Save the money... wait longer in between fills to get the fleuro done...baby the band.

I am in complete agreement on the whole fluoro thing. I have done blind fills as well and it screwed up my momentum because they (up north) got me too tight and then did an unfill without being honest with me how much they took out. I went back to my favorite place in Olympia and things have been great! I will never do blind fills again